Bredagh talks Liam & Sam 2011

Started by Lecale2, August 23, 2007, 08:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Right, who was there from here?

come on, admit it.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ONeill

Didn't get down this year. How'd Ricey manage the public speaking?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Square Ball

Quote from: ONeill on September 04, 2009, 11:00:11 PM
Didn't get down this year. How'd Ricey manage the public speaking?

must admit he was very good and I was impressed with him, some great slaggin between him, brolly and Mulcahey, had a few wee digs all of them, very funny and imho the best one we have done, 300+ there and a great nights craic. Jerome controlled the entire night very professionally and kept the night flowing

020304 Tir Eoghain

Great Night SB, although as somebody else said the room was so warm to be almost uncomfortable. Ricey &
Mulcahy were the pick of the bunch. Thought Joe B was slightly subdued, but definately worth the time & money.
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

Square Ball

Quote from: 020304 Tir Eoghain on September 04, 2009, 11:19:28 PM
Great Night SB, although as somebody else said the room was so warm to be almost uncomfortable. Ricey &
Mulcahy were the pick of the bunch. Thought Joe B was slightly subdued, but definately worth the time & money.

the room was a tad warm, but we couldnt do a thing about it, open the doors and it was too noisy!! Lynett Fay she held her own, and also fair play to the Rossa mum for having a go a Joe.

020304 Tir Eoghain

Quote from: Square Ball on September 04, 2009, 11:37:38 PM
Quote from: 020304 Tir Eoghain on September 04, 2009, 11:19:28 PM

the room was a tad warm, but we couldnt do a thing about it, open the doors and it was too noisy!! Lynett Fay she held her own, and also fair play to the Rossa mum for having a go a Joe.

Yeah understood, just an observation. A great night, looking forward to next year! :)
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

Square Ball

WeeDonns

Good nights craic. 6 panellists was ok but I wouldn't have more than that as sometimes some of them didn't get speaking for ages. Hurling people probably would say they weren't well represented.

A good night for the GAA in belfast. Jerome made a point of highlighting all the effort being put in in the city.
Brolly had a point about the young lads in west belfast wearing celtic jerseys, although it was kinda picked up wrong as he kept mentioning that they were living in poverty. What was the one liner from the rossa woman at the end? totally shut him up.

bredaghgael

Many thanks from all at Bredagh GAC who supported our Annual event.

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: WeeDonns on September 05, 2009, 05:55:34 PM
What was the one liner from the rossa woman at the end? totally shut him up.

The context was Joe being called to account for an earlier comment to the effect that "everything GAA in West Belfast is crap".   He began trying to recover some ground with what only came accross as clear platitudes. 
The youg lady in the audience with the microphone finished proceedings to a resounding round of applause by concluding with something to the effect that
"its funny how when some people say things, no matter how posh it sounds, it still comes out the same". 

Maybe you had to be there to appreciate the impact but I am sure even Joe will admit he was floored, probably as heavily as he was by Paul Higgings in 94.

In the Onion Bag

Lecale2

Bredagh Talks Sam is back for 2010! (Liam has been dropped for this year only).

This years event will take place in the Wellington Park Hotel, Belfast, on Thursday 16th Sept.

Confirmed guests: 

Mickey Harte - Manager of Tyrone when they won all 3 of their All Irelands

Mick O'Dwyer - 4 All Irelands as a player, 8 as a manager.

Joe Brolly -  RTE TV pundit, 2 time All Star & All Ireland winner with Derry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKYycF8xb_c

We are still in negotiations with a number of other guests and their agents.  Names will be released in the next couple of days.

MC for the evening will be Jerome Quinn (well know GAA journalist).

Admission by ticket only - £10 which gets you into a draw for All Ireland Final tickets.

Doors open at 8.15pm with a 8.30pm start - get there early as numbers are limited due to fire regulations, the common agricultural policy or some such thing.

The event is sponsored by First Trust Bank.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lecale2

Square Ball

Looking good for another nights craic and banter