your favourite scores against the dubs

Started by small white mayoman, August 22, 2007, 09:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on January 17, 2008, 07:24:41 PM
your not really from Mayo are you ?

I think he is but he's probably too young to remember even 2004......so its probably his only memory.
MWWSI 2017

Maximus Marillius

top two

Johnny Mc Gurks winner in 93 semi final and of course the one that really rubs the salt in...Sheehys goal from the free....class

orangeman

I would say this anyway but Mulligans will NEVE be bettered.

his holiness nb

Those who laugh at Dubs and call them paranoid about a so called persecution complex might want to explain where the "favourite score against Kerry" or "favourite score against Armagh" etc etc threads are.

Ye just love to talk about us dont ye, go on, admit it  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Shamrock Shore

gaagaa

thejuice

Quote from: his holiness nb on January 18, 2008, 10:35:00 AM

Ye just love to talk about us dont ye, go on, admit it  ;)

Jeesus lads yis have to stop posting these threads, your making the dubs here all feel rightous and all that.  I think there's also an ulterior motive to this thread for Mayo fans to relive former, semi-final glories.

Must read that house of pain book, it got a good review in the paper.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

the Deel Rover

Ye your probably right Juice , the book itself is a good if depressing read for a mayoman anyway :(
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

his holiness nb

Quote from: thejuice on January 18, 2008, 04:18:01 PM
Jeesus lads yis have to stop posting these threads, your making the dubs here all feel rightous and all that.

Its just nice to be popular Juice  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Jinxy

It's quite simple. If you enjoy seeing pain, anguish and complete despair and desolation on the faces of the Hill 16 denizens (and lets face it, who doesn't) then there is one score (well technically 2) that stand head and shoulders above the rest and that's the Foley/Beggy combo. The perfect end to a monumental saga which saw Good triumph over Evil (just like '96 ;)). It dominated the '91 football season to the extent that to this day no one is really sure who actually won the All-Ireland (I think it was Roscommon).
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteWhy would you say that mike sheehy?

Because the  signature at the bottom of his posts say "All Ireland champions 2006 & 2007"

Canalman

Just a few points about Muligan's goal in 2005. I was in Hogan stand level with the 21 yard line on the Canal End goal and had a great view of goal.

1 The goal looked alot better on the TV
2 The goal was always on when Mulligan slipped Paddy Christie creating a 4 on 2 overlap and momentum forward..
3 Mulligan's jinxes were created as a result of the 2 man overlap on the inside and imo in particular the brilliant off the ball running of Stephen O'Neill.
4 The Dublin backs were made look particularly silly as the tv coverage never showed the overlaps inside.

Only a slight quibble on what was a very well taken goal.

Just wanted to defend the Dublin backs who in any event were never slated by the Dublin fans who knew exactly what happened.