The Old Derry / Londonderry name problem

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, August 20, 2007, 11:19:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

"Tourist told city 'doesn't exist' " - I see that Translink have excelled themselves in customer care again according to the BBC. A Canadian tourist asks for a ticket to Derry only to be told that the City doesn't exist!!!!! In this day and age how can you have people employed in such positions if they are going to pull off such petty rubbish? Ask them to sing 'Derry's Walls' and I'm sure there wouldn't be an issue though... Translink have now apologised....

his holiness nb

Whatever about the argument over the name (its Derry!!  ;) ), a translink employee saying it doesnt exist when they knew exactly where the tourists were looking for is just petty and stupid.
Ask me holy bollix

ExiledGael

Absolutely pathetic, but not surprising.
Don't think I hate any other company in the world as much as I hate Translink

Hurler on the Bitch

Don't start me on Translink ...... Integrated travel company? Every time the train breaks down the bus drivers refuse to take your monthly ticket.. and the wee Hitlers in Great Victoria Street station!!! I saw this guy taking great pleasure during mid-term break in charging adult fare to these kids dressed as Goths - they were not a day over 14....

nifan

It was pathetic of the emplyee no doubt.
People get a bit ott about the name of the place.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Balboa

Quote from: ONeill on August 20, 2007, 04:04:49 PM
It's Londonderry.

As a fella from Strabane once told me "Londonderry" is "a big milk house in England".........

bailestil

Every one of the Employees stuck in that wee bubble in Europa is a w**ker alright!

The amount of times i've asked for tickets for Derry only be told "you mean Londonderry?" comes flying back. Aye whatever ya ballbag!

Don't even get me started on the f**kers on Student tickets... Ye think you were doing them personally out of money!

Great to see at least one Driver on the 212 route has the balls to put up DOIRE on the board at the front! fair play to him!

ExiledGael

Quote from: bailestil on August 20, 2007, 05:07:39 PM
Every one of the Employees stuck in that wee bubble in Europa is a w**ker alright!

The amount of times i've asked for tickets for Derry only be told "you mean Londonderry?" comes flying back. Aye whatever ya ballbag!

Don't even get me started on the f**kers on Student tickets... Ye think you were doing them personally out of money!

Great to see at least one Driver on the 212 route has the balls to put up DOIRE on the board at the front! fair play to him!

Legend! Haven't seen that

Evil Genius

Quote from: bailestil on August 20, 2007, 05:07:39 PM

I'm sure that is very helpful to the tourists who were the subject of the original Derry/Londonderry confusion... :D

Anyhow, is the 212 the number for the "Maiden City Flyer"?  ;)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

inisceithleann

I've no time for Translink. The 261 to Enniskillen is advertised as an express service but yet stops at every hole in the ditch. Costs nearly a tenner to get home from belfast. What an absolute rip off. Everytime I get that bus i think to myself thats 2.5 hours of my life i'm never getting back  :D
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

Hurler on the Bitch

Park n Ride ????? I thiough that only operated at nights in Adelaide Street in Belfast?

bailestil

And not to mention the bastards driving the "Metro" buses who chose to ignore ayone unlucky enough to be carry a GAA bag looking to go up the Dub.

The amount of times bastards drive by with a half-full bus, used to sicken ye! Hateful hoors!

ExiledGael

Quote from: inisceithleann on August 20, 2007, 05:17:11 PM
I've no time for Translink. The 261 to Enniskillen is advertised as an express service but yet stops at every hole in the ditch. Costs nearly a tenner to get home from belfast. What an absolute rip off. Everytime I get that bus i think to myself thats 2.5 hours of my life i'm never getting back  :D

What really annoys me is that you cannot get a return ticket from anywhere in Fermanagh to Belfast, you have to pay the huge single fare twice, whereas to any other destination in the North return tickets are no problem, bunch of cnuts, is that still the case?

Armagh4SamAgain

Quote from: ExiledGael on August 20, 2007, 05:22:20 PM
What really annoys me is that you cannot get a return ticket from anywhere in Fermanagh to Belfast, you have to pay the huge single fare twice, whereas to any other destination in the North return tickets are no problem, bunch of cnuts, is that still the case?
I suppose they think no one wooud want to come back?
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"