CORK V KERRY MUNSTER ALL IRELAND SENIOR FINAL

Started by never kickt a ball, August 20, 2007, 02:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many Board Posters were actually at the All Ireland Final?

Yes
34 (40.5%)
No
50 (59.5%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Frank Casey

Quote from: ziggysego on September 17, 2007, 09:58:21 PM
Tyrone take great pride in making the Gooch the great player that he is ;)

I'm sure ye do :-*
KERRY 3:7

magickingdom

more of this 'soft' all ireland shit. if tyrone/armagh/dublin were beaten by 10 points yesterday they'd be some other excuse. yet again on all ireland sunday kerry would have beaten any team in the country...

never kickt a ball

Quote from: magickingdom on September 17, 2007, 11:13:54 PM
more of this 'soft' all ireland shit. if tyrone/armagh/dublin were beaten by 10 points yesterday they'd be some other excuse. yet again on all ireland sunday kerry would have beaten any team in the country...

Have to agree with you Magic. Kerry are far superior that any other County in Ireland and are a shoe in for three in a row if not four in a row.

magickingdom

Quote from: never kickt a ball on September 17, 2007, 11:17:27 PM

Have to agree with you Magic. Kerry are far superior that any other County in Ireland and are a shoe in for three in a row if not four in a row.

we might have the four in a row in the bag already if the ref hadnt blown up a minute early in 2005 against tyrone..  ;)

Bogball XV

Hopefully not too many other teams would have gifted ye 3 goals, once it became a one point game, who knows??

Kerry Mike

Sometimes a couple of pictures says more than a thousands words.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqc32w2le2I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_yaUbaBELw

Dick Fitzgerald - 1913 & 1914

Joe Barrett - 1929 & 1932

Declan O'Sullivan - 2006 & 2007

Legendary double winning Kerry Captains.

And if South Kerry win the County Championship again in a few weeks time maybe I might be adding another picture of Declan and Sam in 2008, now isn't that something to shorten the winter thinking about  :)
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

paddypastit

Marty - you couldn't even put O'Neill in the same paragraph as Cooper.  He will create nothing and lead nothing.  Fine man to finish others work but not a game breaker, a role Cooper is developing fast.

Coulter is mercurial but ultimately remains unproven as a winner of games that matter; the individual talent that never seems to bring the benefit of his skills to his team.

Bradley is a cut above his two aforementioned Ulster colleagues, if not quite as nimble or selfless as Cooper - more consistently effective and able to consistently create his own opportunities.

McDonnell - at his best more self sufficent than O'Neill, more reliable than Coulter if not quite as mercurial as Bradley.

Canavan, on another planet from all the above.  Cooper ain't there yet, or near it.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

never kickt a ball

I honestly can't see that Kerry team being beat in the next three years. There is nobody out there that can touch them.

Kerry1980

Quote from: Iarmhí Abú on September 17, 2007, 07:01:57 PM
Lads this chat of a "soft" All Ireland is a bit wide of the mark.

You'll find the "soft" talk comes from those who's side wasn't good enough to get in a position to challenge Kerry. The fact is there's no such thing as a soft all-ireland and those that claim there is, don't win many.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteHopefully not too many other teams would have gifted ye 3 goals, once it became a one point game, who knows??

who knows ?? ...maybe if Kieran Donaghy appeared a year earlier (not to mention Young and Reidy) we could be talking about a 4-in-a-row now.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: never kickt a ball on September 18, 2007, 12:24:52 AM
I honestly can't see that Kerry team being beat in the next three years. There is nobody out there that can touch them.

Have always said there is no sport in the world like Gaelic Football for hyperbole. After last years Munster Final Kerry were widely written off, beaten in the AI Final the previous year then lost their provincial crown, a team in decline. They stick a few high balls on top of Kieran Donaghy and it comes together and they win Sam, suddenly they are greats again ;D Similarly Tyrone were written off early summer 2005 but by September we had the media talking of them as one of the great teams. Like I said, no sport in the world where teams are built up, knocked down and built up again.

This season on their way to Sam Kerry beat Cork by 2 points, Monaghan by 1 point and Dublin by 2 points. Then Cork roll over on the big day and suddenly "nobody can touch Kerry". Excellent team and deserving champions but the idea they are miles ahead of the rest is flawed.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteSimilarly Tyrone were written off early summer 2005 but by September we had the media talking of them as one of the great teams.

Strange, I dont recall you talking down Tyrone at the time....you, along with most Tyrone posters, were quite vociferous in your opinions on where Tyrone stood with respect to Kerry and  other teams in  the country.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 18, 2007, 01:25:57 AM
who knows ?? ...maybe if Kieran Donaghy appeared a year earlier (not to mention Young and Reidy) we could be talking about a 4-in-a-row now.

And if my auntie had balls, etc. etc. Anyways, worthy champions, a great team, and something for Tír Eoghain to halt (again) next summer  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

Sligo woul have beeaten that Cork team on Sunday ( no disrespect to Kerry or Sligo or Cork ) - but Cork were brutal -

MauriceMalpas

Quote from: orangeman on September 18, 2007, 09:57:41 AM
Sligo woul have beeaten that Cork team on Sunday ( no disrespect to Kerry or Sligo or Cork ) - but Cork were brutal -
Er...no they wouldnt.