CORK V KERRY MUNSTER ALL IRELAND SENIOR FINAL

Started by never kickt a ball, August 20, 2007, 02:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many Board Posters were actually at the All Ireland Final?

Yes
34 (40.5%)
No
50 (59.5%)

Total Members Voted: 84

ONeill

V sorry Timmy - for some reason I was thinking last year's drawn final happened this year.....

Same premise applies though. Cork by two at half time; Kerry hit their purple patch and are six ahead 10 minutes into the second.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

thebandit

I cant see anything other that a Kerry win by 3-6 points (The Banty is right!)

Goulding is very unlucky to be dropped.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: thebandit on September 14, 2007, 10:42:27 AM
Goulding is very unlucky to be dropped.

Great option to spring from the bench though.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

rrhf

Supposed to be theres a serious danger of this game not selling out.  Any official word?

ONeill

I was offered two tickets an hour ago. Turned them down as I'd only be going in order to use up the tickets. So, there's definitely not a shortage of tickets floating about the nort.

Kerry 0-13
Cork 0-10

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on September 14, 2007, 07:45:45 PM
Or a case of "Your All Ireland Final days are over for 5 or 6 years dear".

Too close for comfort there....

Kerry 0-13
Cork 0-11

darbyo

QuoteI cant see anything other that a Kerry win by 3-6 points (The Banty is right!)

QuoteKerry 2-13 Cork 1-10

Can't understand where this confidence in Kerry is coming from, Cork have the players to nullify many of Kerry's big men.

Spillane V O'Sullivan adv Cork
Canty V Gooch adv Cork
Midfield battle adv Cork

If Cork had a bit more real quality in the forward line then I think they'd definately win, as it is I think they'll still have enough. Though I think it's a mistake playing Masters, O'Se has his number and Goulding is the better all round footballer anyway.

ONeill

Quoteas it is I think they'll still have enough. Though I think it's a mistake playing Masters,

??

Rossfan

It's difficult to believe it's the Friday of All Ireland Weekend and there's damn all interest or excitement.
I suppose after last year's excitement in these parts with the Minors it's a hard act to follow. However in my sorties to a few  midland counties earlier in the week there was little talk about the game.
And then there's all this talk of empty seats and loads of spare tickets.
As for the game - it's hard to see beyond Kerry but I'm sure they'd prefer to be meeting anyone else (except Down of course) besides Cork. If it develops into a typical dour derby type of game Kerry might just get too tensed up as they have more to lose than Cork. However only one Cork man has played in an All Ireland final and all the prematch hype might just unsettle them more than Kerry.
However all things being equal Gaelic Football games are usually won by the teams with the best forwards and for that reason I am tipping Kerry >:( to win another Sam.
However I will be rooting for the Rebels as Ireland needs a change from Kerry.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

darbyo

Quoteas it is I think they'll still have enough. Though I think it's a mistake playing Masters,

??

He is selected is'nt he?, if so I feel it's a mistake, do you disagree?

ONeill

How can Cork have enough, but it's still a mistake?

darbyo

QuoteHow can Cork have enough, but it's still a mistake?

Sorry, maybe I haven't made myself clear. I think that Cork have enough upfront to win regardless of whether it's Masters or Goulding who plays. The reason I think this is I feel Cork will hold Kerry to a fairly low score, so 11 or 12 points might be enough for Cork to win. Because of Masters lack of pace and Gouldings impressive performance in the semi I think Goulding would do well again and Masters would be a good sub to bring in when the game has loosend up a bit.

ONeill

Agreed. I feel it's looking like the All-Ulster final in 03  - 12-9.

Mike Sheehy

we're f**ked...cmon Declan...its Cork...cool and calm wont do it !! Get stuck into them langers

O'Sullivan says Kingdom's finest are cool, calm and collected

Declan O'Sullivan Kerry
14 September 2007

Kerry captain Declan O'Sullivan says experience of recent All-Ireland SFC finals has helped this year's crew remain in relaxed mode ahead of this Sunday's blue riband decider.

"In general all the lads are relaxed," says O'Sullivan. "The week before the game it's all about relaxing. Not thinking about it a whole lot, getting the bodies right."

"Every fellow is looking forward to it. There's a good buzz around the place and that's enjoyable. I suppose we are lucky enough the last couple of years being involved in the final. You learn to probably enjoy these occasions as well."

darbyo

Perhaps it's because I have backed Cork at 9-4 that I'm so interested in why others are giving Cork little chance but can someone justify why they feel Kerry will win by 6-8 points.