Mickey Harte's Reign as Tyrone Manager: Failure or Success ???

Started by LegalEagle, August 19, 2007, 06:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Datsun Donaghy

Who's this Mickey Harte boyo yous are all talkin' about? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Armaghtothebone

Legal Eagle ..are you the same twat who stood behind me at the Donegal game this year and called Stevie McDonald a useless c**t.
Mickey harte is a failure in the same way that Stevie is a useless c**t. i.e Both (and it pains me to say this of a Tyrone man) are at the very very pinacle of what they do.
The crap some people come out with

Frank Casey

Quote from: LegalEagle on August 19, 2007, 06:15:13 PM
Achievements

All Irelands    Ulster Titles    Allianz NFL League
   2                  2                        1

Mickey Hartes All Ireland wins in 2003 and 2005 were against defending All Ireland champions
Colm Cooper was "taken out" early in the 2005 final when Tyrone knew they had to take him out if they were to win

Colm Cooper was "taken out" early in the 2005 final when Tyrone knew they had to take him out if they were to win. An achievement to be proud of?????????????????????????????????????

KERRY 3:7

Elias

ET played the whole of that game if I remember correctly.

Hardly can be described as being "taken out" now does it?

Muppet.

Frank Casey

Quote from: Elias on August 21, 2007, 08:21:08 PM
ET played the whole of that game if I remember correctly.

Hardly can be described as being "taken out" now does it?

Muppet.

Out playing is an achievement. Clattering some one to render them ineffectual is not.

Kerry Mike

Yes he played on with half of McConnell's elbow hanging out of his eye, after getting medical attention for about 5 minutes , 5 minutes that was not added at the end of the game when the so called Great took out the Gooch with a tackle that would not go amiss on Denis Leamy.  Goochbusters indeed.

But we are too focused on this years AI championship to be bitter.

Hows the club championship going in Tyrone, must be great to be out of the All Ireland so early again this year to allow the club games to run to plan ??
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ziggysego

Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 21, 2007, 08:32:20 PM
Hows the club championship going in Tyrone, must be great to be out of the All Ireland so early again this year to allow the club games to run to plan ??

Ticking along nicely KM. Semis are on in two weeks.

Has the missus started talking to you again?
Testing Accessibility

Frank Casey

Quote from: ziggysego on August 21, 2007, 08:37:39 PM

Has the missus started talking to you again?

I understand that contact has resumed with carrier pigeons.

Star Spangler

QuoteYes he played on with half of McConnell's elbow hanging out of his eye

Are yous boys still whinging about that??

Mike Sheehy

Hey, if 11 years is good enough for ye to be whinging about '96 then we are entitle to another 9 years, at least.

Kerry Mike

She's talking Ziggy but still a bit bitter I am sure the result will be topic of conversation for some time, but she'll be supporting Kerry on Sunday, if there is one county she hates more than Kerry or Tyrone its Dublin so every cloud has a silver lining.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

neutral

I actuallly witnessed the Cooper Mc connell incident from fairly close hand.  I know one thing if it had been a Tyrone man went down afetr that 'brush' they would be calling him a diver.  So is Gooch a diver? - a lot of myth has been attached to the incident since.  Watch out for more diving over the next couple of weeks.   

orangeman

More importantly, is Gooch a Peeper ( as referred to by Paidi in the Sunday Indo ) ?? Wing mirrors ?

Will Hunting

On the subject of Tyrone's "diving" - it was noticeable this year that they weren't getting frees as easily as they have done in previous years. Against Meath, soft-frees weren't forthcoming and Tyrone clearly struggled, especially when coming out of their own defence. Just an observation.

On the Cooper thing, the treatment of Gooch in the 2005 Final was an absolute disgrace. To see the "great" one dragging him around the pitch was shameful, if not entirely unsurprising given Canavan's previous record.