IFA begging Ireland players to play for them

Started by T Fearon, August 19, 2007, 01:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

ffs sammy the reaction of every unionist that i've heard to the fact that people from ni have a right to play for the roi speaks volumes. they dont have a fockin clue that 5 of the 6 million people on this island would rather play for the roi. the shower over on owc are as bitter a band of brothers as you'll find anywhere.

stew

Quote from: SammyG on November 09, 2007, 08:18:29 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on November 09, 2007, 08:10:18 PM
your right there sammy it has fcuk all to do with the gfa, people from the north could always play for the south.
So why did you say people needed lessons in the GFA?
its the looney mindset of the unionist response that i'm getting at. shock horror they might be some irish living here after all...
What looney mindset? What has being Irish got to do with anything?

Sammy you need to git out of this thread when the gittin is good.  ;)

you seem to be very confused sammy? whats wrong old son?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: magickingdom on November 09, 2007, 08:29:48 PM
ffs sammy the reaction of every unionist that i've heard to the fact that people from ni have a right to play for the roi speaks volumes. they dont have a fockin clue that 5 of the 6 million people on this island would rather play for the roi. the shower over on owc are as bitter a band of brothers as you'll find anywhere.

Amen to that!

Mac, one of the worst hoors of the whole lot used to be a regular here and he was fine for a while and then he showed us all he is a hater, the man despises the GAA and is as bitter and twisted a fecker as you will ever meet.

If this is the sort of clown that aligns himself with ffa they can shove it up their brown.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

his holiness nb

Quote from: MW on November 09, 2007, 02:13:25 PM
BTW, his holiness, have you ever stepped in or called to the Mods about Lynchbhoy and Tony's pretty regular name-calling? You certainly haven't when I've been on the receiving end. If not, why not, may I ask?)

I have made this point about several posters of a non unionist variety.
Dont deflect from the point that you were out of order.
Ask me holy bollix

deiseach

Quote from: his holiness nb on November 09, 2007, 09:04:42 PM
I have made this point about several posters of a non unionist variety.
Dont deflect from the point that you were out of order.

*cough* dublinfella *cough*

his holiness nb

Dont say his name three times standing in front of a mirror or a Rovers V Thomas Davis thread will appear and bore us all to death  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

deiseach

Quote from: his holiness nb on November 09, 2007, 09:10:16 PM
Dont say his name three times standing in front of a mirror or a Rovers V Thomas Davis thread will appear and bore us all to death  ;)

allefnilbud, allefnilbud . . .

doofus

Quote from: SammyG on November 09, 2007, 08:18:29 PM
your right there sammy it has fcuk all to do with the gfa, people from the north could always play for the south.
So why did you say people needed lessons in the GFA?
its the looney mindset of the unionist response that i'm getting at. shock horror they might be some irish living here after all...
What looney mindset? What has being Irish got to do with anything?

Is this guy for real? what has Irish got to do with it?!!!!!! think it might be a wind up merchant lads

Main Street

Maybee it is the perceived lack of respect shown to the borders of the Statelet by FIFA that really pees off some Unionists.
Just when they thought the Fenian rebellian was crushed they could have the beginnings of a State but still keep ties to the Windsor blood line.
Now Nationalists are fanning the flames of division AGAIN, undoing all the hard work done over the past years to undo the damage cause by the Fenians in the first place.

seanaglis

OWC lads, any time the following is mentioned you ignore it.

Get rid of GSTQ and the vanguard flag at International matches and Northern Ireland would become more attractive for nationalists to play for - FACT.

Scotland and Wales are both part of the united kingdom yet they dont feel the need to play GSTQ at international matches, why does Northern Ireland? Is it to wind 'The other side' up? :-\

Solomon Kane

Quote from: seanaglis on November 10, 2007, 09:14:50 AM

Get rid of GSTQ and the vanguard flag at International matches and Northern Ireland would become more attractive for nationalists to play for - FACT.

Scotland and Wales are both part of the united kingdom yet they dont feel the need to play GSTQ at international matches, why does Northern Ireland? Is it to wind 'The other side' up? :-\

A fair point about GSTQ, but I have never ever saw a vanguard flag at an International match ??? I'm not saying there has never been one, but if there have been any they must be like hen's teeth.

SammyG

Get rid of GSTQ
When has anybody ever ignored this? The majority on OWC want to change GSTQ to a NI specific anthem.
and the vanguard flag at International matches
In 30 odd years of attending NI matches I've never seen a vanguard flag but you obviously know different.
and Northern Ireland would become more attractive for nationalists to play for - FACT.
There are manay many Nationalists who play for NI and always have been and always will be. The fact that ONE player (who actually qualified under different rules) has defected doesn't affect the players who have stayed.
When

See previous answer.

EDIT: Beat me to it SK

doofus

QuoteThere are manay many Nationalists who play for NI and always have been and always will be. The fact that ONE player (who actually qualified under different rules) has defected doesn't affect the players who have stayed

So your saying that there is only one player ever to declare for the Republic from the North??

I personally know of others and im not a big soccer head. No point trying to pull the wool over our eyes 'sammy' we can all see through that your a WUM.

SammyG

Quote from: doofus on November 10, 2007, 10:48:52 AM
QuoteThere are manay many Nationalists who play for NI and always have been and always will be. The fact that ONE player (who actually qualified under different rules) has defected doesn't affect the players who have stayed

So your saying that there is only one player ever to declare for the Republic from the North??
No I'm saying one player from Northern Ireland has declared for the Republic. It was Darren Gibson and he qualified under the old rules.

I personally know of others and im not a big soccer head.
Care to name them?
No point trying to pull the wool over our eyes 'sammy' we can all see through that your a WUM.
Not trying to pull anything, just sticking to the facts.

magickingdom

Quote from: SammyG on November 10, 2007, 11:08:12 AM

No I'm saying one player from Northern Ireland has declared for the Republic. It was Darren Gibson and he qualified under the old rules.

and would of course qualify under the 'new' rules. the fact of the matter is there will be no flood in either direction, pleanty of nationalists will continue to play for the north for whatever reasons...

Quote from: SammyG on November 10, 2007, 11:08:12 AM
I personally know of others and im not a big soccer head.
Care to name them?

the only one in recent times that i can think of was alan kerringham (sic) and it was thro his parents...