IFA begging Ireland players to play for them

Started by T Fearon, August 19, 2007, 01:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

It amazes me to consider that there are sane people, and lots of them apparently, who believe that the six county side has a snowballs chance in hell of taking 6 points from Denmark and Spain. One in my opinion would be  a more realistic target and I still fancy the real Ireland to finish third in their group, while the 6 county side finishes fourth.

Then again there are people who also believe that Scotalnd will beat Italy and qualify for the Finals as well. ::)

Had to laugh when I read an extract from Sanchez book, explaining the 3-0 home defeat to Iceland. "They had more Premiership players than us" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D To think this tosser is temporarily in charge of a Premiership club currently ::)

nifan

Tony as someone who regularly makes predicitions and is fond wanting id have thought you could give a litle leeway.

Most people are hopeing rather than expecting us to do something, but we have to go into the denmark game looking for a win.
That the most you are hoping for is to finish in a position above NI is amazing.

stiffler

Quote from: T Fearon on November 02, 2007, 05:02:54 PM
It amazes me to consider that there are sane people, and lots of them apparently, who believe that the six county side has a snowballs chance in hell of taking 6 points from Denmark and Spain. One in my opinion would be  a more realistic target and I still fancy the real Ireland to finish third in their group, while the 6 county side finishes fourth.

Then again there are people who also believe that Scotalnd will beat Italy and qualify for the Finals as well. ::)

Had to laugh when I read an extract from Sanchez book, explaining the 3-0 home defeat to Iceland. "They had more Premiership players than us" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D To think this tosser is temporarily in charge of a Premiership club currently ::)

If the north do take 6 points from the next two games then they deserve to be in the finals, however I cant see this happening to be honest.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Evil Genius

Quote from: T Fearon on November 02, 2007, 05:02:54 PM

However unlikely, it is still possible for NI to qualify.

However unlikely, it is still possible for Scotland to qualify.

However predictable, it is impossible for ROI to qualify.

Now remind me again, who's taking the piss out of whom?  ???
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

T Fearon

I will remind you of the following. Which Ireland team qualified for

Euro 88
Italia 90
USA 94
Japan/Korea 2002

Which Irish team qualified for a play off for

France 98
Holland/Belgium 2000

Which Irish team didn't need a fix at Wembley to qualify for its last World Cup Finals appearance?

Evil Genius

My, my, for once, you were actually going quite well with:

Quote from: T Fearon on November 02, 2007, 06:23:55 PM

Euro 88
Italia 90
USA 94
Japan/Korea 2002

France 98
Holland/Belgium 2000

But then you had to spoil any pretensions to credibility by adding:

Which Irish team didn't need a fix at Wembley to qualify for its last World Cup Finals appearance?

You know, if you had even one scrap of self-awareness (as opposed to self-importance), you'd realise that you come across for all the world like Mr. Cresote and that last After Dinner Mint ("Zey are waffer-thin, you know")

And we all know what happened to Mr. Creosote... :D

P.S. Actually, for those who don't know, here is what happened to the aforesaid Mr. Creosote:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BlK62rjQWLk

"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

dec

Euro 88
Italia 90
USA 94
Japan/Korea 2002

France 98
Holland/Belgium 2000

Why did you leave out England 96 ?

Chrisowc

Euro 88
Italia 90
USA 94
Japan/Korea 2002

France 98
Holland/Belgium 2000

Ah Tony!.  Welcome to the real world, where there is more than one Irish team!  I knew you would catch on eventually ;)

Thing is, we all know who the original Ireland are.  In fact I would dare say they called themselves Ireland in your life time, until the partitionists objected.  Now, is that a plastic seat you get at Croker?
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

his holiness nb

Lads give it over, both sides are shite, we could at least all agree on that  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Lecale2

I don't usually post on the soccer threads but Tony Fearon seems to have missed this. He'll be like a dog with two dicks when he reads it.  :D

The FIFA Legal Committee discussed the matter of the eligibility to play for the Irish Football Association and the Football Association of Ireland at its meeting on 28 October 2007 and sent the following clarification:

"The current situation is such that, for the Irish Football Association, players can choose also to play for the representative teams of the Football Association of Ireland but the vice-versa is not possible.

With the objective, as always, to find an amicable solution which is acceptable for both member associations concerned as well as for FIFA, the FIFA Legal Committee has now made the following new proposal: any player holding the nationality of the Republic of Ireland and consequently, in principle, being eligible to play for the representative teams of the Football Association of Ireland, that was born on the territory of the Republic of Ireland, would, by agreement between the two associations, also be eligible for the representative teams of the Irish Football Association.

In other words, every player born on the territory of Northern Ireland, holding the UK nationality and being entitled to a passport of the Republic of Ireland or born on the territory of the Republic of Ireland and holding the Irish nationality could either play for the Football Association of Ireland or the Irish Football Association, under the condition that all other relevant prerequisites pertaining to a player's eligibility for a specific association team (see FIFA Statutes - Art. 15 of the Regulations governing the FIFA Statutes are fulfilled.

FIFA has informed the Irish Football Association and the Football Association of Ireland today (November 6) about this proposal and asked both associations for a feedback.

Ultimately, it will be up to the FIFA Executive Committee to take a decision."

doofus

So basically we are going to have 2 all ireland teams?? makes more sense to me to amgalmate both sides now!

Main Street

I hope that ends all the dimwitted talk about the annex criteria being applicable.

the FIFA Legal Committee has now made the following new proposal: any player holding the nationality of the Republic of Ireland and consequently, in principle, being eligible to play for the representative teams of the Football Association of Ireland, that was born on the territory of the Republic of Ireland, would, by agreement between the two associations, also be eligible for the representative teams of the Irish Football Association.

Seems absurd. Looks like FIFA can conjure any type of proposal and try to make it fit.
We should have put the FIFA legal dept in charge of the Good Friday agreement negotiations.  

stiffler

I cant see too many players from the south wanting to stand for God save the queen!!!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

ExiledGael

"under the condition that all other relevant prerequisites pertaining to a player's eligibility for a specific association team (see FIFA Statutes - Art. 15 of the Regulations governing the FIFA Statutes) are fulfilled."

Does this not mean that the situation is still the same? I'm a little baffled here, has anything really changed