IFA begging Ireland players to play for them

Started by T Fearon, August 19, 2007, 01:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil Genius

Quote from: Ulick on May 17, 2011, 05:49:39 PM
Quote from: deiseach on May 17, 2011, 05:39:07 PM
Bit rude not to reply in some fashion, no?

Maybe, but I get spammed by all sorts of snake-oil salesmen as well, if I took the time to reply to them I'd never get anything done.
Strange that Ferguson was happy to reply when invited to play for NI in a full friendly against Italy a wee while back.

Must have been a different "Nigel Worthington" who called him for that one, then... ::)

P.S. I take it those spammers have also prevented you from providing the evidence to back your claim (on the "Elections" thread) that Alliance voters transfer "disproportionately" to Nationalist candidates over their Unionist rivals? Shame, really, since after this long delay, people might be starting to believe that you simply made it up, eh Donagh Ulick?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

deiseach

Maybe, but I get spammed by all sorts of snake-oil salesmen as well, if I took the time to reply to them I'd never get anything done.

And yet you replied to me ;)

Ulick

Quote from: Evil Genius on May 17, 2011, 05:55:43 PM

Strange that Ferguson was happy to reply when invited to play for NI in a full friendly against Italy a wee while back.

Must have been a different "Nigel Worthington" who called him for that one, then... ::)

P.S. I take it those spammers have also prevented you from providing the evidence to back your claim (on the "Elections" thread) that Alliance voters transfer "disproportionately" to Nationalist candidates over their Unionist rivals? Shame, really, since after this long delay, people might be starting to believe that you simply made it up, eh Donagh Ulick?

Ok EG, listen up, I'm only going to say this once:

1. I usually ignore your posts as I have no interest them. Your petty and disrespectful manner when posting does nothing to encourage me to reconsider that policy.
2. I'm not your bitch, if you want evidence of Alliance voting trends go get them yourself. I have stated something which I stand over, if you disagree then the onus is on you to go and produce an alternative analysis.
3. I don't care if you or anyone else thinks I made anything up. I stand by my record and reputation on this board and will stand over anything I've written. When I'm wrong I've been happy to acknowledge that, so if you want to prove me wrong, go knock yourself out (only don't expect me to reply to you - see point 1).

The Worker

who can blame them players wanted to play for the country they have supported all their lives, and are entitled to play for by law?!

time our nige built a bridge and got over it.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Ulick on May 17, 2011, 06:35:43 PMOk EG, listen up, I'm only going to say this once:

Quote from: Ulick on May 17, 2011, 06:35:43 PM1. I usually ignore your posts as I have no interest them. Your petty and disrespectful manner when posting does nothing to encourage me to reconsider that policy.
No, you respond to my posts when you think you can take me up on something, then hide should you subsequently get caught out.
As in this instance.  ;)

Quote from: Ulick on May 17, 2011, 06:35:43 PM2. I'm not your bitch, if you want evidence of Alliance voting trends go get them yourself. I have stated something which I stand over, if you disagree then the onus is on you to go and produce an alternative analysis.
No, as the poster making the original claim, the convention is that it is you who should be expected to back it up. And since it was a straightforward factual claim, rather than eg an opinion or a hypothesis, it should have been easy enough for you to do so.
Consequently I am now satisfied that you simply made it up and are now plainly irritated at being called upon it.

(Oh and btw, I decide who gets to be one of my bitches, not them. Which is why you get to be one. When I'm in a good mood... :D )

Quote from: Ulick on May 17, 2011, 06:35:43 PM3. I don't care if you or anyone else thinks I made anything up.
Evidently - otherwise you would stop making things up!  :D

Quote from: Ulick on May 17, 2011, 06:35:43 PMI stand by my record and reputation on this board and will stand over anything I've written. When I'm wrong I've been happy to acknowledge that, so if you want to prove me wrong, go knock yourself out (only don't expect me to reply to you - see point 1).
Fair enough.
After all, once your "record and reputation" have taken enough of a knock, you can always reinvent yourself under another identity, eh Donagh Ulick?  ;)

P.S. I don't expect you to reply to this, btw... :D
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

armagho9

Quote from: Evil Genius on March 08, 2011, 05:25:16 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on March 04, 2011, 02:05:16 PM
So, lets see what news there has been for the good old NI soccer team lately.

1.  The Carling Nations cup cannot be played on a home and away basis...
Really?

The CNC was never intended to be played on a home and away basis. Should it continue to be staged in future, the task of hosting it will be rotated between the four participants.

Quote from: Feckitt on March 04, 2011, 02:05:16 PM... because NI don't have a stadium.
Really?

That must be news to UEFA/Slovenia, then:
http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro2012/matches/season=2012/round=15171/match=2002178/index.html

Quote from: Feckitt on March 04, 2011, 02:05:16 PM2.  They forfeited the right to a FREE Aviva type stadium at the maze because they didn't want to share it with gaa.
Really?

Actually, the IFA agreed in principle (and in writing) to play at the Maze, before that White Elephant collapsed under the weight of its own inadequacies etc. In fact it was the GAA  who vetoed the two alternative sites proposed for Belfast, before ultimately deciding to use their share of the Maze money to redevelop an existing stadium in (ahem) Belfast.

Quote from: Feckitt on March 04, 2011, 02:05:16 PM3.  Their fans are shock horror, not the worlds greatest fans after all, but just the same old sectarian bigots
Really? 

Well if a mark of the bigot is to repeat the same tired old lies, propaganda and distortions etc, you would appear to know all about bigotry, then... ::)

Last time i checked they rented a 14000 capacity stadium from a semi professional team.  (ie Linfield)

muppet

I'm thinking that FIFA don't particularly want to have two associations on this particular island. They would probably love to merge the 3 on the next island too, especially given their voting rights.

Maybe the IFA and FAI should just go with the flow and merge. What would we call it then, the IFFI? the FAFI?
MWWSI 2017

AQMP

Quote from: muppet on May 17, 2011, 08:43:06 PM
I'm thinking that FIFA don't particularly want to have two associations on this particular island. They would probably love to merge the 3 on the next island too, especially given their voting rights.

Maybe the IFA and FAI should just go with the flow and merge. What would we call it then, the IFFI? the FAFI?

IFFY might be more appropriate...or PFAFI to placate Blatter

mountainboii

"I'm a big believer that you represent the country you are born into". Nigel Worthington, 24/5/11.

Republic of Ireland's Alex Bruce ponders switch to NI

deiseach

Quote from: AFS on June 14, 2011, 07:09:34 PM
"I'm a big believer that you represent the country you are born into". Nigel Worthington, 24/5/11.

"We want all our players from the North of Ireland to stay in the North of Ireland"

There may be trouble ahead . . .

muppet

Quote from: deiseach on June 14, 2011, 07:30:02 PM

"We want all our players from the North of Ireland to stay in the North of Ireland"

Cool, we'll have the ones that go to England and Scotland then.
MWWSI 2017

Big Puff

Can't see worthy getting the a new contract past this one.

Who next for the job, David Jeffries?

Eamonnca1

Last time I checked the World Football Board consisted of FIFA (4 votes) and then the FA, SFA, IFA, and one other with a vote each.  Is that still the case?  If it is then I'd say the FAI going back under the umbrella of the IFA would be the way to go if we're going to have a single association.  Mind you it'll take a while to house train the Linfield fans so they can travel to the likes of the Brandywell or anywhere down south without wrecking the place and acting the lig.

MW

Quote from: deiseach on June 14, 2011, 07:30:02 PM

Hmm...Worthlesston as an undercover Shinner agent would explain a few things...

MW

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 14, 2011, 10:55:08 PM
Last time I checked the World Football Board consisted of FIFA (4 votes) and then the FA, SFA, IFA, and one other with a vote each.  Is that still the case?  If it is then I'd say the FAI going back under the umbrella of the IFA would be the way to go if we're going to have a single association.  Mind you it'll take a while to house train the Linfield fans so they can travel to the likes of the Brandywell or anywhere down south without wrecking the place and acting the lig.

It's the International Football Association Board - and yes, FIFA has four votes with the FA, SFA, IFA and FAW having 1 vote each.

Sticks in my craw a little to defend Linfield fans, but I'm pretty sure it was them who were attacked in the area surrounding the Brandywell :-\