IFA begging Ireland players to play for them

Started by T Fearon, August 19, 2007, 01:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Well what the feck to you expect nifan. Do you really not see how insulting it is to have Sammy and MW on here every day comparing the situation in Ireland to two random European countries as if the north and south are two completely separate and foreign countries? Even after everything we have been through and the GFA we still have unionist Neanderthals who 'still don't get it'.

MW

Quote from: Donagh on November 07, 2007, 11:48:30 AM
Well what the feck to you expect nifan. Do you really not see how insulting it is to have Sammy and MW on here every day comparing the situation in Ireland to two random European countries as if the north and south are two completely separate and foreign countries?

Excuse me, where in the feck have I been doing this?

Or is there some other MW I don't know about?

Donagh

Quote from: MW on November 07, 2007, 11:51:39 AM
Well what the feck to you expect nifan. Do you really not see how insulting it is to have Sammy and MW on here every day comparing the situation in Ireland to two random European countries as if the north and south are two completely separate and foreign countries?

Do you disagree with the sentiment?

MW

Quote from: T Fearon on November 07, 2007, 11:34:03 AM
Yes that mindset evident in the postings on OWC are reflective of the British as Finchley mindset, that for decades ignored if not abused the Irish Dimension in the six counties and needed the GFA to finally establish. Many would contend that this was the root cause of the troubles and helped to give birth and indeed sustain the IRA.You will note of course that many unionists, probably a majority, do not accept the GFA.

What they don't get is the reason why players (who are only following in the footsteps of nationalist football supporters, who made the decision long ago ) are actually opting to play for the FAI side. They don't see that playing the English National Anthem, flying the bastardised Ulster Flag that unionists unilaterally adopted as the flag of the North of Ireland is actually the root cause of this. Then again if you believe that the six counties is as Britsih as Finchley I suppose you wouldn't see this.

I actually feel sorry for them. This FIFA ruling and gubbings by Spain and Denmark to come ... all in the space of two weeks ;D

You're not really a Republic of Ireland fan though, are you Tony.

Your priority is being anti-Northern Ireland.

Just as being anti-NI trumps your supposed support of Spurs.

MW

Quote from: Donagh on November 07, 2007, 11:53:24 AM

Interesting - you've gone from claiming I've been "on here every day comparing the situation in Ireland to two random European countries as if the north and south are two completely separate and foreign countries", to demanding to know if I "disagree with the sentiment".

Without so much as an admission that your claim was actually bollocks.

Tell you what - you take back your claim, given that it's completely false. I haven't made such an argument, ever mind "been on here every day" making it.

Then I'll answer your question.

deiseach

Quote from: MW on November 07, 2007, 11:18:44 AM
They've written to the IFA and FAI making a suggestion that players born anywhere on the island be deemed eligibile to play for either Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland, regardless of whether they are from NI or the RoI, or whether they hold UK or RoI nationality.

I almost feel sorry for the IFA on this one. If they agree, they'll have to bite their collective tongue when the FAI come a-calling to any player born in NI. If they object to this, Nationalists are going to go nuclear. What would Jesus do?

AZOffaly

Donagh

Quote from: MW on November 07, 2007, 11:57:11 AM
Quote from: Donagh on November 07, 2007, 11:53:24 AM

Interesting - you've gone from claiming I've been "on here every day comparing the situation in Ireland to two random European countries as if the north and south are two completely separate and foreign countries", to demanding to know if I "disagree with the sentiment".

Without so much as an admission that your claim was actually bollocks.

Tell you what - you take back your claim, given that it's completely false. I haven't made such an argument, ever mind "been on here every day" making it.

Then I'll answer your question.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... You're a guilty as all the rest of those biggoted muppets over on OWC. Simple fact is that you and the rest have consistently attempted to deny Irish citizens the right to represent their country. The IFA have brought this FIFA proposal on themselves with all the bitching and crying. Their time would have been better spend trying to make the NI setup acceptable to northern nationalist instead pissing them off with their complaints and appeals.

Billys Boots

Ah AZ, everyone knows Jesus plays left full for Longford.  Every time the ball goes into that channel, the whole of Pearse Park goes 'Oh Jesus, clear the f*cking thing!'.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

MW

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 07, 2007, 12:10:32 PM
Jesus would surely declare for Israel?

;D

Or Palestine - born in Bethlehem, remember ;)

Actually, the whole Israeli-Palestinian issue might be a vaguely useful means of asking a few questions. Who is eligible to play for Israel, and who for Palestine, based on what criteria, I wonder?

Shamrock Shore

QuoteAh AZ, everyone knows Jesus plays left full for Longford.  Every time the ball goes into that channel, the whole of Pearse Park goes 'Oh Jesus!'.
:D

It's funny cos it's true.

MW

Quote from: Donagh on November 07, 2007, 12:11:43 PMYeah, yeah, yeah... You're a guilty as all the rest of those biggoted muppets over on OWC.

This speaks volumes about you and your attitude. "Themmuns" are all the same, eh?

It doesn't matter if the actual MW whose comments you see in front of you doesn't accord with the MW you want to see - you'll just claim I've made comments that I haven't, and lie through your teeth.

This seems to me evidence of a disturbed mind - if you're genuinely unable to see the difference between the 'MW' you've conjured up, based on comments you've completely imagined, and the actual one, yours truly, who posts real comments which did not include the ones you imagined.

Furthermore, when confronted with this jarring inconsistency between what I've actually said, and what you've imagined I've said, your attitude is "yeah, yeah, yeah...you're just as guilty as all the rest...".

Disturbing.

Simple fact is that you and the rest have consistently attempted to deny Irish citizens the right to represent their country.

Actually, what I've done is posited the opinion that the FIFA rule applying to nationalities that make a player eligible to play for more than one association might apply to Irish nationality as well as British (and Danish, French, American, Dutch, etc). And I've admitted I can't quite see how clear FIFA rules are on this. Neither have I participated very fully in the debate on here.

Somehow you've conjured up an alternative MW - one who's been "on here every day comparing the situation in Ireland to two random European countries as if the north and south are two completely separate and foreign countries".

Doesn't that say a lot about you, rather than me?

MW

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 07, 2007, 12:14:12 PM
Ah AZ, everyone knows Jesus plays left full for Longford.  Every time the ball goes into that channel, the whole of Pearse Park goes 'Oh Jesus, clear the f*cking thing!'.

Reminds me of that 'Jesus' ad at the Oval - I remember someone writing back in the mid-90s that it was a comment on Trevor Smith's shooting, though they seemed to have left the exclamation mark out.

deiseach

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 07, 2007, 12:14:12 PM

Did he ever share a pitch with Lazarus Molloy?

deiseach

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 07, 2007, 12:34:24 PM
FFS, I havent listened in years, I got sick of the bigots ringing in talking about themmuns. Guess who was on when I tuned in ?

Did the caller claim that London Wasps were named for White Anglo-Saxon Protestants?