Best Goalkeeper of the season? Why?

Started by Denn Forever, August 18, 2007, 03:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

The best Goalkeepeer that I've seen this year is Cluxton.

Why?
Seems to have curbed his impetuous nature, getting less physically involved in the opposition.  He is a good shot stopper and is very good one on one.  If you look at his saves, he doesn't show his arse to it.  He stays on his feet and makes the forward make the decision and then acts. He is also very good at distribution or should I say that Dublin are very good at offer themselves for passes.

Discuss.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Uladh

I think Murphy is the better keeper. both are great shot stpooers and virtually unpassable at close quarters but murphy's kick outs and particularly sweeping are better for me. not much difference.

orangeman

Murphy is an all round better keeper. Waht about Cluxton coming out with the ball and lacing her into the Cusack stand against Derry ?

Gnevin

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 18, 2007, 03:59:48 PM
The best Goalkeepeer that I've seen this year is Cluxton.

Why?
Seems to have curbed his impetuous nature, getting less physically involved in the opposition.  He is a good shot stopper and is very good one on one.  If you look at his saves, he doesn't show his arse to it.  He stays on his feet and makes the forward make the decision and then acts. He is also very good at distribution or should I say that Dublin are very good at offer themselves for passes.

Discuss.
What the f**k are you talking about , jesus the lad made 1 made bad challange in 5 years at the top of the game. He never had a impetuous nature or got physically involved where did you pull this from ? Cluxton is the best shot stopper in the country by miles
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

johnpower

The thing about keepers is that they are not allowed any mistakes , I think Cluxton is a fine keeper . He learnt from 2003 although guys have done a lot worse than what he was sent off for .. Just a general point alot of the time keepers get criticised for their kickouts yet when you see the game live you will see that the guys out the field are not making themselves available .

Rav67

Tyrones own

Cluxton by a country mile!
Any lad can make 2 or 3 fine saves on a good day and make impressive
headlines on Monday morning but Cluxton has been doing that day in day out for years.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Denn Forever

For GNEVIN

And you wonder why people enjoy winding the Dubs up.  You try and make a serious point, praise one of their players with a complex two pronged point i.e. His impetuousness and one or two granted confrontations and this is a frontal attack on the Dubs.  Grow up.
#
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Gnevin

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 19, 2007, 12:34:24 PM
For GNEVIN

And you wonder why people enjoy winding the Dubs up.  You try and make a serious point, praise one of their players with a complex two pronged point i.e. His impetuousness and one or two granted confrontations and this is a frontal attack on the Dubs.  Grow up.
#
Never said it was an attack on the Dubs just that you where talking shite. Where have you seen this  "impetuous nature, getting less physically involved in the opposition" you claim
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Gnevin on August 18, 2007, 10:54:52 PMWhat the f**k are you talking about , jesus the lad made 1 made bad challange in 5 years at the top of the game. He never had a impetuous nature or got physically involved where did you pull this from ? Cluxton is the best shot stopper in the country by miles
Cluxton certainly has made more than one bad challenge in 5 years at club and county level. However he seems to be a bit more controlled these days. Your over-reaction to anything resembling a non complimentary comment towards anything Dublin is tiresome btw.

Gnevin

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on August 19, 2007, 08:12:58 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 18, 2007, 10:54:52 PMWhat the f**k are you talking about , jesus the lad made 1 made bad challange in 5 years at the top of the game. He never had a impetuous nature or got physically involved where did you pull this from ? Cluxton is the best shot stopper in the country by miles
Cluxton certainly has made more than one bad challenge in 5 years at club and county level. However he seems to be a bit more controlled these days. Your over-reaction to anything resembling a non complimentary comment towards anything Dublin is tiresome btw.

Their was the bad challenge last year and i remember he was sent off in 03  but cant remember the tackle . So what incidence are you referring too?

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Gnevin on August 19, 2007, 10:14:17 PM
Their was the bad challenge last year and i remember he was sent off in 03  but cant remember the tackle . So what incidence are you referring too?
Well that's more than one incident so...

Gnevin

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on August 19, 2007, 11:34:56 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 19, 2007, 10:14:17 PM
Well that's more than one incident so...

Was the 03 incident impetuous/getting physically involved? I cant remember it that well. Lets say it was so that's 2 in 5 years at the top it hardly qualifies having a " impetuous nature, getting less physically involved in the opposition" now does it ?

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Gnevin on August 19, 2007, 11:42:05 PM
Was the 03 incident impetuous/getting physically involved?
In '03 he booted Stephen McDonnell after the ball had been cleared.