Elvis is gone but the Dubs live on

Started by The Hill is Blue, August 17, 2007, 09:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

Elvis is gone but the Dubs live on

Banner on Hill16 during the historic 1977 All Ireland Semi Final (a couple of days after the death of The King)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Hardy

And lovers of both music and sport lamented that it wasn't the other way round.  :)

orangeman

I remember an Elvis impersonator jumpingo out of the Hill at an AI Final a few years ago and selling the stewards a few dummies before running back into the crowd. It was hilarious.

ONeill

The similarities are remarkable. Overweight and high on narcotics, at their best 20 years before their demise, singing about ghettos.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ONeill on August 17, 2007, 10:25:29 AM
The similarities are remarkable. Overweight and high on narcotics, at their best 20 years before their demise, singing about ghettos.
:D :D :D :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

his holiness nb

And a bonus point for even drawing a laugh from a Dub with that one

Ask me holy bollix

the Deel Rover

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 17, 2007, 10:43:04 AM

And a bonus point for even drawing a laugh from a Dub with that one

only a bonus pint hh oneill should get an allstar for making a dub laugh with that comment, if it were the laoislad he would be hung drawn and quartered at this stage if he made the same comment ;) ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

his holiness nb

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 17, 2007, 11:00:04 AM
only a bonus pint hh oneill should get an allstar for making a dub laugh with that comment, if it were the laoislad he would be hung drawn and quartered at this stage if he made the same comment ;) ;)

Ah but this one was actually funny.
Ask me holy bollix

NAG

There was a great song released back in '89 when Antrim got to the Hurling Final.

Jim Nelson's Men

Very funny!