John Allen

Started by blast05, August 16, 2007, 08:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blast05

Jaysus lads, strong stuff from John Allen on "Road to Croker" this evening. Having a serious go at people who post on GAA internet discussion pages under anonymous pseudonyms. Hes going to get Ger Loughnane on our case  :o

inisceithleann

i was waiting for a few of us to be named and shamed!
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

LegalEagle

John Allen is waiting to be libelled on this board lads
I bet ya he'll be hoping for some thick in "Up North" to libel him

pintsofguinness

what exactly did he say?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

nevermind seen it on other thread
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

GalwayBayBoy

It was the best bit of comedy RTE has produced in years.

Unintentional or not.

Elias

Our cards are marked lads!!

Head for the hills before the cork savage tears each of us limb from limb!  :D :D :D

inisceithleann

Clearly we are the best, but are there many other GAA boards like this with a decent membership that Allen's referencing?

inisceithleann

aye sure we all know the rubbish thats written on that. i've never seen a site where there's so much pointless pickering.

jimmykeaveney

Quote from: inisceithleann on August 16, 2007, 10:11:19 PM
Clearly we are the best, but are there many other GAA boards like this with a decent membership that Allen's referencing?

This used to be the best forum, but An Fear Rua has pulled comfortably ahead now. The standard of contributions has gone steadily downhill in the last couple of years.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: jimmykeaveney on August 16, 2007, 10:17:19 PM

This used to be the best forum, but An Fear Rua has pulled comfortably ahead now. The standard of contributions has gone steadily downhill in the last couple of years.

Depends what you want. Way more hurling on AFR so hurling debate is a lot better there. Standard of football discussion is much better on here.

Off topic discussions I don't see much difference between the two apart from having way more northern contributers on this site. AFR contributers are almost exclusively from hurling counties.

inisceithleann

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 16, 2007, 10:23:49 PM

Depends what you want. Way more hurling on AFR so hurling debate is a lot better there. Standard of football discussion is much better on here.

Off topic discussions I don't see much difference between the two apart from having way more northern contributers on this site. AFR contributers are almost exclusively from hurling counties.

Theres def more nordies on this site. i've often wondered were people from south leinster and munster were. only a handful on here.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: inisceithleann on August 16, 2007, 10:30:03 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 16, 2007, 10:23:49 PM

Theres def more nordies on this site. i've often wondered were people from south leinster and munster were. only a handful on here.

Not many from Cork, Kilkenny, Limerick, Tipp, Clare, etc on this site. They generally either use their own county websites or use AFR.

inisceithleann

Quote from: hardstation on August 16, 2007, 10:32:52 PM
Quotei've often wondered were people from south leinster and munster were. only a handful on here.
They're probably at hurling trainning and are happy to be successful playing the sport and leave us to talk about it.

:D

ExiledGael

How else has this board changed? Has it really declined?
Know there's loads of Nordies, did we all arrive when football was invented a few years back or was there some sort of explosion (big bang theory)?