One law for us and another law for them!!

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, August 16, 2007, 12:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Wardens 'park illegally' on yellow lines 

Wardens are parking on double yellow lines
Some traffic wardens have been parking their cars on double yellow lines in Belfast but not receiving parking tickets.
An investigation by the BBC's Nolan Show found that the wardens were illegally parking, yet not being penalised.

It keep watch on a city centre street over a period of time.

Presenter Stephen Nolan said: "We have been watching this street for a while.

"In this street, there are double yellow lines and there are single yellow lines. You can park on them and you don't get a ticket.

"Guess who it is parking on the double yellow lines - it's the traffic wardens.

"The traffic wardens are parking in Belfast city centre on double yellow lines and they are not booking themselves."

'Period of time'

James Pritchard, the communications director for NCP, said those people charged with enforcing the rules "shouldn't be seen to be flouting the rules themselves".

"If they are doing what you say they are doing, then they are breaking our rules and if we catch the people involved then they wouldn't be working for NCP services in Northern Ireland for very much longer - in fact, they wouldn't be working for NCP services at all.

"It is against the rules to do this.

"What I think has happened here is that sometimes, from time to time, you get changes on the on-street rules, you get maintenance of lines and signs.

"For a period of time, because of that, the regulations are not enforceable."

However, over a period of two days, a BBC journalist reported traffic wardens parking their cars on double yellow lines in the street and failing to issue tickets.

Considering their so quick to ticket the rest of us, then this is a disgrace!!  >:(

Tbc....

full back

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

I see them walking the streets of Belfast from 7.50 in the morning til after 8 at night, now tell me that their not working to targets!!.!!
Tbc....

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

QuoteI see them walking the streets of Belfast ...

Round Amelia Street??  ;)
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Rois

Got a parking ticket yesterday on one of the streets off Botanic.  I was "within 1.5 metres of a junction" - hope traffic warden had their tape measure out.   >:(