Rolling Stones - Slane

Started by Longfordian, August 16, 2007, 10:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longfordian

Got a ticket for Saturday and am debating whether to take it  .......

I was just looking at the setlist for the gig on Saturday , the majority of the first half of the gig are stuff I've never heard of .... songs like rough justice , got the silver , bitch ....... , now in saying that the last 6 songs are pure gold !!.......

So question is : Do you think I should go ?... when 1.hearing from a friend  that when they played in the Point last they were muck 2.I'll be sitting like a lemon for the majority of the first half of the show wondering what this song is 3 . Its promised to bucket down and you'll be all night getting out of Slane !!! ...............

or would I be a gombeen to pass up the chance to see "the greatest rock and roll band in the world " ....before they finish/die of old age !!! ......

his holiness nb

Any chance of posting up the setlist Longfordian?

I'll be listening from the back garden  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Shamrock Shore

Stay at home Longfordian as you will get drenched.

bingobus

Stay in the Pub at Slane Longfordian as you will get drenched.

5 Sams

Was making great time on my way home from Corca Dhuibhne today until I hit the Naas road and the Red Cow....bastards....every vehicle heading north to get drenched watching 4 (5?) over rated wankers who should be at home praying for a happy death....Goffs to the toll booth on the M50 was two hours .....cnuts :'(
The Aristocrat Years

johnpower

what the f**k are they doing taking peoples money at their age . God at least in sport only the best would get some recognition .Can you imagine the Gaa setting up the the Galway and Meath teams of 66 for croke park and charging this money

we are blue... etc

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 18, 2007, 11:29:59 PM
Was making great time on my way home from Corca Dhuibhne today until I hit the Naas road and the Red Cow....bastards....every vehicle heading north to get drenched watching 4 (5?) over rated wankers who should be at home praying for a happy death....Goffs to the toll booth on the M50 was two hours .....cnuts :'(
Got stuck in the same sh!te meself. Sniped off down the Fonthill road, joined the M50 at the tollbridge and got stuck in an an almighty clusterfuck almost immediately afterwards. 1hr 20 mins from Newbridge to Swords.

I would be a fairly major Stones fan myself but I'm not a fan of these big outdoor summer gigs (Slane, Marlay Park, Malahide Castle, etc.). Hence I'm here and not in Slane. Bugs the shit out of me going to these things where most of the crowd there are only there for the sake of being there, wouldn't be regular gig goers, and know f**k all about the etiquette of going to a gig. The Streisand debacle was the classic example - people taking other peoples' seats and refusing to leave them, etc.

Having a ticket to see the Stones (or Streisand or whoever) is a must-have for Celtic Tiger-ites much like having a 07 Range Rover is.

Shamrock Shore

Two mini mini reviews in.

Armagh person texted me with a 9/10

Brother gave it a 5/10.

Armagh person was in the liggers section, brother was mixing with the unwashed.

And, no, it wasn't Fearon.

Hope Longfordian made the right choice.

Longfordian

Really really good show ......thanfully the rain stopped just before the Charalatans ......

Sympathy for the Devil ....and the stage and lighting for that song was the highlight of the night ...... followed closely by a near ten min encore of Brown Sugar .
They moved out onto B stage and belted out Satisfaction from there was another highlight

Jaysus .....Keith Richards looks haggared ....... but he can still play the guitar

All in all very glad I went.....and out fairly quickly ......parked up on side of road facing for Kilderry.....

T Fearon

Great show, even better than Twickenham last year.

Loved Mick Jagger's irish address and Ronnie Wood shouting "C'mon the Royals" to cheers from Meathies and boos frm Corkonians!

Also Jagger's homage to James Brown was impressive too

In and out of Slane quickly and home at 12.30am

Only downside was falling flat on my back in the mud on the way up the hill to the exit as my feet literlly left me. Back aching. Can I sue his Lordship?

pintsofguinness

QuoteOnly downside was falling flat on my back in the mud on the way up the hill to the exit as my feet literlly left me. Back aching. Can I sue his Lordship?
You really ask for it tony.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

T Fearon

Ask for what? Sympathy for the old Devil? ;D

Anyone else here like me able t boast that they were at both Stones concerts at Salne, in 1982 and 2007?

Dubh driocht

Great show, better than 82, f the begrudgers, not a drop of rain and VG organisation ,fantastic to have been there- hope I am as energetic as Mick when I'm 63, class never goes out of fashion, whoa whoa!

Fluffy Che

Great show alltogether, def on a par with the Point in '83. For a bunch of 'oul wankers' they still have plenty of life in them, some people are'nt into music and would rather gurn about traffic hold ups. Get a fcukin life and try to enjoy it when you do get one.
lts only rock'n'roll but l like it...
Midnight to Six..

5 Sams

QuoteFor a bunch of 'oul wankers' they still have plenty of life in them, some people are'nt into music and would rather gurn about traffic hold ups. Get a fcukin life and try to enjoy it when you do get one.
lts only rock'n'roll but l like it...

Sorry Fluffy for not falling at the feet of the great Jagger and Co like yourself...just arent my cup of tea...never were and never will be... as for the "some people arent into music" jibe...theres a few other threads on here that might suggest I am....

BTW after travelling from Kerry, encountering a 1 and a half hour hold up because of an accident at Monasterevin and then sitting in traffic for two plus hours at Newlands Cross and the M50 cos of youse boys going to Slane....what did you want me to say about my least favourite band...anyway I'm glad you enjoyed it ;)
The Aristocrat Years