Everybody loves Meath now ?

Started by Mike Sheehy, August 15, 2007, 12:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

orangeman

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 15, 2007, 12:28:12 AM
because M**th have always been a team of hackers. Look at the evidence. David Beggy, Trevor Giles, Bernard Flynn, Brian Stafford, Evan Kelly, Ollie Murphy, Colm O'Rourke, Liam Hayes, Martin O'Connell, Joe Cassells, Robbie O'Malley, Brendan Reilly, Barry Callaghan, Darren Fay. Hackers one and all, without an ounce of skill between them.

Aren't you glad your county hasn't produced the likes of those lads?

Eamonn Sweeney

eamonn sweeney - looking at your list of hackers, if you are joking then you have included a couple of cloggers in that list
if you are serious, then you havent a f**king clue what a skill-less player actually is...

TirEoghaingodeo

I know Mike's stirring, and sweeney talks alot of nonsence, but does anyone agree with the sentiment that meath are being better received this year?
I've been no great fan in the past, but with monaghan out, i'll certainly be cheering them on and i never thought i'd say that. Maybe the fact that they're underdogs is a factor, but i think they've been great to watch. A lot of focus from us in Tyrone was on injuries, and it undoubtedly played a part, but i think meath have been physical, not really overstepping the mark, and allied this to alot of skill. Good, accurate, direct ball into a quality set of forwards, and a great presence at midfield. Sweeney's certainly right when he says that no neutral really wants to see kerry win another, and there is alot of antipathy towards Dublin anyway, but i'll certainly be hoping meath can win Sam.

That was easier than i thought.  ;)
Ó dá ligfeadh sí liú amháin gaile, liú catha...

Jinxy

I sense the force is strong in you.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hound

Quote from: TirEoghaingodeo on August 15, 2007, 01:06:54 PM
i'll certainly be cheering them on and i never thought i'd say that. Maybe the fact that they're underdogs is a factor, but i think they've been great to watch.
Hardly underdogs given they're favourites to beat Cork.

The Dubs are the underdogs now! Very much the least successful of the 4 teams left over the last 20 years.

thebandit

Its gotta be Meath for me - Its boring watching Kerry winning All Irelands, Cork people (esp Frank Murphy) are insufferable and as for the "best fans in de wuddeld"......

Croí na hÉireann

Will be supporting the O'Se's, I mean Kerry... Cute hoors down there...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Jinxy

If Cork bring less than 15,000 supporters to an All-Ireland semi-final they should be thrown out of the association.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

GalwayBayBoy

Am I imagining things or did Sweeney not do an almost identical article last weekend on the Waterford hurlers and how everyone loves them?

ludermor

i know it been asked before but what journos are in flavour this year, and dont all jump on the Tom Humpries bandwagon. Yer man from the sunday times has some good write ups , Michael Foley

orangeman

Martin Breheny and Vincent Hogan from the Indo are excellent.

thejuice

did anyone else not think that Sweeny was being humerous. Why is anyone being worked up about this he clearly wasnt trying to write elequent prose. Humerous but nothing too serious.

TirEoghaingodeo hit the nail on the head.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

cnoc16

sweeney is a great writer, he is able to be humorous without people actually noticing and the same thick heads getting wound up about it.

sweeney wrote one of the best gaa books of the last decade and anyone who wants to read a book about gaa life should read it.

p.s not everyone loves meath, i still hate them

Uladh

i get told constantly that sweeny is a genius. i haven't seen much evidence.

other journos think he's the best writer about.

holy god.