Ulster All stars

Started by Springfield, August 14, 2007, 04:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southderryman

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 15, 2007, 11:00:27 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 15, 2007, 07:41:04 PM
Any room on those teams for Dermot McCabe. Had a great year for Cavan, just let down by those around him. I'll admit the competition is tough.

It's hard to have a great year with 2 games. It's also going to be hard for most people to remember any execptional performances from teams who have been out for such a long ime - it's the way it always goes.

I have yet to decide my own team, but the following are likely to be there or there about:

No apologies for my Monaghan bias!
T Freeman, V Corey, G McQuaid, O Lennon, P Mone, JP Mone, D Freeman
Tyrone
Cavanagh, Mulgrew
Derry
McCloy,

Donegal
Kavanagh (maybe - was the only one capable of any damagh in the Omagh game)

It's hard to think of any exceptional performances from Armagh, Fermanagh, Antrim, Down or Cavan..... It's even difficult for Donegal given their lack of consistency. Can you give an all star on the basis of one great game if you've also had really crap performances? Surely an all-star has to be fairly consistent?

Not sure of the rest - can't decide on a keeper, no one stood out. Would have been Donegal's man, but Vinny Corey's goal in Omagh was the keepers fault for hesitating.

no fergal doherty??  :o

Maguire01

Sorry - my 'P Mone' should have been 'D Mone' - Dessie is an automatic choice for this year.

bennydorano

Quote from: Gnevin on August 14, 2007, 04:55:28 PM
Is ulster the only province with it's own All Stars?

Is Dublin the only county with 'Bluestars' ::)

thebandit

Quote from: bennydorano on August 16, 2007, 06:18:21 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 14, 2007, 04:55:28 PM
Is ulster the only province with it's own All Stars?

Is Dublin the only county with 'Bluestars' ::)

Some years it is a bit of a contradiction in terms