Hurling Final Tickets?

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, August 14, 2007, 03:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

Somebody has to start the thread! I will try my best to get a ticket this year .. any tips ..Pioneer pin? Priest collar? committee man? politician? Dodgy 'favours' in Clonliffe?  :o - yes! I heard of that one too... But the thought of standing in the wind and rain all year - only to lose a ticket to "Jimmy - the guy who cuts the grass in the Aran Islands GAC - is quite a pain in the asre! Sorry to bring you back to the Clonliffe thing?? Any spares etc.. 

Punxsutawney Fergal

If you can't get them through your club then your Bank would be a good place to try! Both BOI and AIB always have a good quantity of premium tickets to give to customers. If you are not a big customer than ask somebody you know who has a business and would be considered by their bank to be a good a commercial customer (Just make sure they wouldn't be likely to keep the ticket for themselves ;))

Gnevin

This stupidity of sending tickets all over the place should be put to a stop as its normally the real fans who lose out
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on August 14, 2007, 04:50:49 PM
This stupidity of sending tickets all over the place should be put to a stop as its normally the real fans who lose out

Look at that Laoislad and Gnevin agree on something who would ever have thought :P
I get a ticket for the Hurling All Ireland everyear thru a very good contact who won many All Ireland medals with Kilkenny.I use to go but in the last few years i have raffled it for charity,I raised 400euro last year for the ISPCC.Not a massive amount i know but at least the ticket went to a Kilkenny man and i raised money for a good cause
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hurler on the Bitch

I use to go but in the last few years i have raffled it for charity,I raised 400euro last year for the ISPCC.Not a massive amount i know but at least the ticket went to a Kilkenny man and i raised money for a good cause
[/quote]
Jeyes - that's good to know...! But it still doesn't solve my ticket problem..

magpie seanie

bingobus

Its unreal how the tickets get distributed for the All-irelands.

Our club, a Gaelic club in County Monaghan, will get 4 All Ireland Hurling tickets  ???

Most years they will go to locals or locals connections from the competing counties. This year they have already been earmarked for two Limerick residences. If they want to go or pass them on to family in Limerick thats they own business but its better than one of us going just because the ticket is available.

Punxsutawney Fergal

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on August 14, 2007, 05:01:36 PM
I use to go but in the last few years i have raffled it for charity,I raised 400euro last year for the ISPCC.Not a massive amount i know but at least the ticket went to a Kilkenny man and i raised money for a good cause
Jeyes - that's good to know...! But it still doesn't solve my ticket problem..
[/quote]

What do you expect us to say ??? wait here's a spare ticket I have in my back pocket ;)

If you can't get one through your club then you pretty much have to hope and pray that the KK fans won't travel

Hurler on the Bitch

Ref: try your local GAA Club.... same boys all go on the train .... closed shop as it's the annual social thing

Punxsutawney Fergal

Could you try the bank thing? You would be surprised at the allocation they have to dish out. Is there any chance you could get a football ticket and do a swap with someone who can get their hands on a hurling ticket but would like an extra football ticket.

magpie seanie

QuoteRef: try your local GAA Club.... same boys all go on the train .... closed shop as it's the annual social thing

Well make sure to propose a motion at your next AGM that gives a more equitable distribution of tickets. I'm sure you'll get plenty of support.

Balboa

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 15, 2007, 09:20:24 AM
QuoteRef: try your local GAA Club.... same boys all go on the train .... closed shop as it's the annual social thing

Well make sure to propose a motion at your next AGM that gives a more equitable distribution of tickets. I'm sure you'll get plenty of support.

What way do other clubs do it, we usually only get about 4 tickets (we are a hurling club only), every members name goes into a hat and is drawn.

magpie seanie

We get 6 or 7 tickets (dual club) and all but two are given to the hurling committee to distribute among the guys that do the work on the hurling side. There's a draw for the other two and any full member can enter. The only proviso is that if you get a ticket from the club you MUST use it yourself.

johnneycool

4 tickets for a fiver(€8) can't be bad to that

Ballygalget GAC All Ireland Grand Draw
Ticket cost £5 / €8

1st Prize: 4 Tickets for All Ireland Hurling Final plus accommodation for 4 people (2 rooms) in Jurys Croke Park Hotel for 1st and 2nd of September.
2nd Prize: £150
3rd Prize: £100
4th Prize: £50

Draw to take place 19th August 2007
Tickets can be got from any committee member or from Joe Dorrian

Full details on www.ballygalgetgac.com

Drop me in IM if you are interested.

Balboa

Very oppurtunistic Johhneycool  ;)