Buying a car

Started by blast05, August 14, 2007, 03:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 15, 2007, 10:16:57 AM
If you ring your local Peugeot dealer they will give you the code and tell you how to do it for about £10. You will need the VIN/Chassis number to get the code.

I have the code, its just resetting the bastard to get it into it. Read somewhere that you need to hold down the ~ button. Never noticed that i had one.

Tony Baloney

I wouldn't pay for a manufacturer's service within warranty or not. They are an absolute rip-off (aye I'll certainly give you 200 quid to change my oil!  ::)) and sure everyone knows cars are designed to only start malfunctioning the day after your warranty runs out!

Tony Baloney

QuoteThen your warrranty is null and void

Serious?!  :o Hence my comment that in my experience nothing has ever happened to my car within the warranty period so it's of no benefit. I've used the local garage for £40 a pop for my services and have had no bother. If anything happens outside of warranty I'll still use my local mechanic to sort it out. Few wans in work have had real bother with Megane's within a month of their warranty expiring!

we are blue... etc

Quote from: maddog on August 15, 2007, 10:23:31 AM
If you ring your local Peugeot dealer they will give you the code and tell you how to do it for about £10. You will need the VIN/Chassis number to get the code.

I have the code, its just resetting the bastard to get it into it. Read somewhere that you need to hold down the ~ button. Never noticed that i had one.

On some models if you enter the wrong code it makes you wait 10 mins before you can try again, then doubles every time you get it wrong. Any dealer will be able to give you the right one. Ring the place you bought it and they might not even charge you (this happened when I tried it for the missus' car).

Quote from: Hardy on August 15, 2007, 12:48:29 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 14, 2007, 10:38:39 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 14, 2007, 10:00:14 PM
I have mine on all the time (well, while I'm driving!). I think it should be law, as it is in some countries. No harm in being seen and it doesn't cost anything (much).

Aye, it's a real bastard in the blazing sunlight when a car goes past and you don't see it.

Ok then, I'll do me best:

Yes that blazing sunshine has me blinded all summer. But it's not the ones that go past that would worry me.

The whole idea of having the lights on is that it makes it easier to assess how close a car is and how fast it's travelling (e.g. when pulling out onto a main road).

maddog

Quote from: we are blue... etc on August 15, 2007, 11:50:41 PM
Quote from: maddog on August 15, 2007, 10:23:31 AM

On some models if you enter the wrong code it makes you wait 10 mins before you can try again, then doubles every time you get it wrong. Any dealer will be able to give you the right one. Ring the place you bought it and they might not even charge you (this happened when I tried it for the missus' car).

Quote from: Hardy on August 15, 2007, 12:48:29 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 14, 2007, 10:38:39 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 14, 2007, 10:00:14 PM
I have mine on all the time (well, while I'm driving!). I think it should be law, as it is in some countries. No harm in being seen and it doesn't cost anything (much).

Aye, it's a real bastard in the blazing sunlight when a car goes past and you don't see it.

Ok then, I'll do me best:

Yes that blazing sunshine has me blinded all summer. But it's not the ones that go past that would worry me.

The whole idea of having the lights on is that it makes it easier to assess how close a car is and how fast it's travelling (e.g. when pulling out onto a main road).

Got it sorted. Somewhere on the net i read that if you hold down the ~ button for about 5 seconds it resets it and allows you to put in the code. It worked anyway.