Author Topic: Tyrone 2008  (Read 36651 times)

loughshore lad

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone 2008
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 03:30:18 PM »
Back to the team - who's going to make it next year ?
Orangeman do you think any of the Ardboe players could make the county panel? What about big John? He was excellent last season but went off the boil this year although he is coming good again. He didnt get a trial last year.
Have you any other suggestions of potential players from other clubs? I agree with your comment about Niall McGinn - he destroyed the Ardboe defence when they played earlier in the season.

I think Colm McGurk, Ciaran McAleer (I think its Ciaran - wee Dan if that helps) and Gaby McCallin from Carmen are all worth a look if they would be interested as would Barry Donnelly of Brocagh.

Gnevin

• Jasus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 03:30:47 PM »
Local GAA surely?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Wee Roddy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 04:25:39 PM »
McGurk, Wee Dan and Gaby are Carmens 3 best players behind Conor but Gaby was looked about a few years ago and would not go and Wee Dan and McGurk were asked to go to trials a few years ago but declined as it was the week of a league final as far as i know. To me I wish Gaby had of went to county football as i think it may have harnessed one of the best raw talents in this county. I think that John McConville should be looked at for midfield and not this full forward think that everyone is obsessing (sp)with, Cathal McCarron from Dromore and Peter Campbell from Coalisland. Talk of Paul Rafferty, Cathal McCarron from Omagh even Ronan McNally from Carrickmore really annoys me because none of these men will win a ball when the chips are down for their club so how would they win it against better players on county teams in the white heat of championship?

loughshore lad

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 04:30:50 PM »
I think that John McConville should be looked at for midfield and not this full forward think that everyone is obsessing (sp)with, Cathal McCarron from Dromore and Peter Campbell from Coalisland. Talk of Paul Rafferty, Cathal McCarron from Omagh even Ronan McNally from Carrickmore really annoys me because none of these men will win a ball when the chips are down for their club so how would they win it against better players on county teams in the white heat of championship?

Agree with you there Roddy John needs to tried in the middle of the park and not at full forward. McCarron (Dromore) is possibly as good an option as there is for full back.

Tyrone Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 06:39:25 PM »
Some potential players to give a runout to: Defenders: Cathal McCarron, PJ Quinn, Shane Sweeney (a must). Midfield: Play Colm Cavanagh and Justy McMahon during McKenna cup and early league to see how they do. Also Quinn from Derrylaughen is apparantly worth a look. Niall McGinn, Aidan McCarron, Gaby McCallan worth a go up front. Not any real new names here. There's bound to be a few boys not tried before that are worth a go. Would like to see Enda McGinley get a run at centre half back which could free Gormley for the full back line.

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 10:44:30 PM »
What has come of Cathal O Neill from the hill? He was a great footballer when he was minor (about 3 years ago).
I know he was playing a bit in America a while ago. Is he back and if so, hows he playing?

TyronePhilly

• TÍR EOGHAIN PHILADELPHIA ABÚ!
    • View Profile
    • Tír Eoghain Philadelphia
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 04:18:55 AM »
Cathal O'Neill is a quality footballer. He is out here at the minute playing for the Young Irelands.
He's playing in a different grade than us, but see quite a bit of him, damn good player.

Niall McGinn from Donaghmore.

Jason McAnulla from Omagh is only 19, but a class act, out here for our club at the minute.
Not saying that because he's out here for us. We happened to get him out through another
potential player from Fintona. The young man is as hard as nails. He got the nickname "FirePower"
out here. Field a ball, score with both feet, bust the onion bag, run at defences.
Let's see what he does at the University level and U21s.

Damian Meenan from Killyclogher, excellent footballer. Strong, talented, forward. Still only 21 or 22 years of age.

longball

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 01:33:05 PM »
both ciaran and barry donnelly from brocagh worth a look
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

sam03/05

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007, 04:59:06 PM »
John Gilmore and Martin Murray from Cookstown must be worth a shout.
Gilmore in particular has had a great season and is probably the fastest player in Tyrone when running with the ball.

TyronePhilly

• TÍR EOGHAIN PHILADELPHIA ABÚ!
    • View Profile
    • Tír Eoghain Philadelphia
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2007, 06:27:26 PM »
Eoin McCusker, of Dromore, related to the Canavans.

Philip Toner, of Coalisland.

Alot of these young men should be put on weight training regimens. They may already have natural strength, but any potential players, especially midfielders, need to bulk up.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 02:51:30 PM by TyronePhilly »

sam03/05

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2007, 09:44:37 PM »
Philip Toner should without doubt be in the squad. I think Baynes and Kerr of Coalisland are also very close

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2007, 10:30:29 PM »
John Mc Conville is a great player - Frank Mc Guigan is scoring freely week in week out in ACL -

neutral

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 08:31:28 AM »
I agree Toner and Mc Cusker and guys like this should be having their fitness monitored from 18 - 21.  At least then if they are plucked into intercounty panels they have been receiving the best guidence and arent starting from scratch.

loughshore lad

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 09:15:15 AM »
John Gilmore and Martin Murray from Cookstown must be worth a shout.
Gilmore in particular has had a great season and is probably the fastest player in Tyrone when running with the ball.
Gilmore is possibly worth a look, dont think Murray would add anything as Tyrone have a few like him on the panel i.e. good attcking half back but poor defender.

John Mc Conville is a great player - Frank Mc Guigan is scoring freely week in week out in ACL -

Frank has been one of the most consistent scorers and very best club players on the Tyrone scene scince he started playing senior football. He gave the county thing a go before and it didnt work out, he probably lacks the pace required to make the mark as an inside forward in county football. He left the panel of his own accord the last time and didnt want to be a hanger on like some others. I hope from an Ardboe point of view he sticks to the club football only - the last time he was on the county panel he was not as sharp as usual due to missing some games.

Deal_Me_In

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 09:29:21 AM »
Would Ronan Ward from Loughmacrory be worth a look, i know he was asked before but declined (lack of time commitment available i think), how is he playing this year, he was one of the quickest players i have ever seen.