Tyrone 2008

Started by tyroneman, August 14, 2007, 01:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paradiseatdunmoyle

you are a slabber oneillcup2007. i now will support dromore and the rest of the county are beginning till turn

orangeman

Lads,I think O'Neill is trying to wind you all up here and you're all falling for it - relax ! Kiddo used to be at this carry on too, so take it easy !

rrhf

i woulnt fancy betting against a carmen team who look re invigorated for their break.  It should be a great champsionship next year, but theres always been a few good championships.  As for the league this year, Carmen or Errigal can have it. 

orangeman

Are Donaghmore not still in the top 4 RRHF ?? If not, can they still get into it ?

rrhf

They are 5th to the best of my knowledge.  To be honest i havent seen the team play in the league now for a couple of months so I couldnt tell how well they are playing but they are keeping in touch. 

longball

who exactly is in MH's entourage (his back room team)??
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

rrhf

may I just add my voice to the chorus welcoming Brian Mc Guigan back as he commences his training.  Keep er lit Brian and i cant wait to roar you back on to the field in the coming months. 

orangeman

I'll drink to that RRFH !

Tyrone Dreamer

If everyone was available which they wont be due to the university rule here's the type of team Id like to see out next year for the 1st McKenna Cup game:
Jonathan Curran
PJ Quinn
Cathal McCarron
Paul Marlow
Shane Sweeney
Enda McGinley
Brendan Boggs
Jarelth Quinn
Justy McMahon
Philip Toner
Tommy McGuigan
Plunkett Kane
Niall McGinn
Colm Cavanagh
Aidan McCarron

orangeman

You're dreaming - can't see this line up happening - it would be nice to see it all the same.

Tyrone Dreamer

I think next year is going to be a huge season for Tyrone. Players like Mulgrew, McGuigan Jnr, McMahon Jnr and Cavanagh Jnr now have a bit of experience behind them at the level and if theyre going to turn their potential into performances the time has to be now. 2 or 3 of the younger guys really have to push on and become key players in the team next season if we're going to do anything. Would also like to think that someone like McGinn could come in with the suprise element and cause opposition defenders headaches. We cant solely rely on the 03/05 players to be the key players anymore especially with the injury luck we have had.

orangeman

Mickey may decide in 08 that he might have been too loyal to his stalwarts and will move on and put his faith in the new kids ??

Big Mickey

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on September 29, 2007, 10:44:41 AM
If everyone was available which they wont be due to the university rule here's the type of team Id like to see out next year for the 1st McKenna Cup game:
Jonathan Curran
PJ Quinn
Cathal McCarron
Paul Marlow
Shane Sweeney
Enda McGinley
Brendan Boggs
Jarelth Quinn
Justy McMahon
Philip Toner
Tommy McGuigan
Plunkett Kane
Niall McGinn
Colm Cavanagh
Aidan McCarron

like the look of that team to be honest dreamer.probly too early for it to be competitive in championship football but the mckeena cup is where u learn ur trade. However, seriously close to become an optimist so instead il go ultra critical, dont think marlow will ever make a county corner back, good player, dunno where u wud play him tho. sweeney is a good panal player but not the answer to tryones problems. aidy mc carron isnt good enough for chamionship and never will be. i will go out on a limb here and say plunket kane is the best player in that half forward line, strong fast and a goal scorer,philly is lazy and not strong enough and tommy is better in the inside forward line. still offers alot of hope though and theres even better players coming up aswell!!!!

Redhandfan

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on September 29, 2007, 10:44:41 AM
Jonathan Curran
PJ Quinn
Cathal McCarron
Paul Marlow
Shane Sweeney
Enda McGinley
Brendan Boggs
Jarelth Quinn
Justy McMahon
Philip Toner
Tommy McGuigan
Plunkett Kane
Niall McGinn
Colm Cavanagh
Aidan McCarron

That's an interesting selection alright and one I would like to see in action in at least one of the Dr McKenna Cup games.  However, I would try to find room for Cookstown's Marty Murray in that half back line.  He has been a model of consistency for his club this past few seasons.  Guys like Sweeney and Jarlath Quinn probably deserve another chance to see if they can cut it at this level.  Coalisland's Niall Kerr was a very promising county underage player....he is another who I would like to see in McKenna Cup action.

Tyrones own

I think we might need to look for a bit a height as well to fill some of these Positions,
 don't think 5-9 or 5-10 is going to cut it for where i believe football is headed,
 we've struggled at times against the bigger stronger teams.
 Hunger though could well be the problem alright, that's why you have to tip your hat
 to the Kingdom, them boys keep coming back year in year out.
 Someone mentioned the training regime, maybe, but there are a few of
 the stalwarts that might need to take a year out and take a look at themselves imo.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann