Do culchies deserve respect ?

Started by Mike Sheehy, August 13, 2007, 05:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elias

Quote from: Tankie on August 13, 2007, 09:19:13 PM
Quote from: Pangurban on August 13, 2007, 09:02:49 PM
Sure most Dubs are just Culchies, one or two generations removed. Did not take them long to forget their manners, if you are an example, fortunately we realise you are just one of an ignorant minority, despised even by genuine Dubs.

Well i would be a true dub so you need not worry. I love your bit about the Dubs losing their manners, are you really saying that culchies have manners. In the country the women are slags who think they are ladies and the man are more like cave men who walk around in gangs of men trying to be as homaphobic as possible so they arent called gay!

Because all Dublin women are true ladies.

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 13, 2007, 09:52:06 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 13, 2007, 09:44:34 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 13, 2007, 09:30:36 AM
This shite and Gnevin talking shite on another thread and they wonder why no one likes them.
What shite would that be POG?

QuoteGood it great being right so i can tell the anti dub  tuff eatting culchie muppets on here to  kiss my switz

tankie you're either on the wind up or you need help.

So i cant gloat when I'm proven right 100% . Normally i wouldn't but i was abused when i said what i did but sure what do i care what people on this board think.  Sure there is a hardcore here just waiting for some muppet in blue to make an ass out of themselves so they can feel better about their irrational hate of the Dub's
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

pintsofguinness

you can do whatever you want gnevin
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 13, 2007, 11:01:08 PM
you can do whatever you want gnevin
Thanks for your permission POG ,means a lot coming from a man of your standing  ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

From the Bunker

Look it's the town/country thing! It's the Pale/Rest of Ireland! It's the stereotype Dub/Culchie! We have to cheer against ye. Like we have to cheer against England! Dublin controls our TV. Ye control of Newspapers. Ye control our Weather Forcasts. Ye contol our traffic reports.  We are always seen as second (if even that). Cork tries to compete. But Dublin sees itself as Ireland to its natives and us culchies often feel isolated, so like the old empire (England) when it takes to the sporting field we will back any challenger. It's a love/Hate relationship.

Gnevin

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 13, 2007, 11:05:30 PM
Look it's the town/country thing! It's the Pale/Rest of Ireland! It's the stereotype Dub/Culchie! We have to cheer against ye. Like we have to cheer against England!
comparing us to England  ::) Do you often fish in these parts?

Hardy

From the Bunker

Sorry, Gnevin that's the way it is. Ask any culchie last year when the Dubs played Mayo and the Hill incident happened. The blood just rushed to the head around the country. Everybody just wanted to see the Dubs lose. Look, ye are the big city team and that will always carry te mantle of ye being a scalp.

Gnevin

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 13, 2007, 11:25:59 PM
Sorry, Gnevin that's the way it is. Ask any culchie last year when the Dubs played Mayo and the Hill incident happened. The blood just rushed to the head around the country. Everybody just wanted to see the Dubs lose. Look, ye are the big city team and that will always carry te mantle of ye being a scalp.
If the hill incident didn't happen , it would of been  a bad tackle , or celebration , or any number of things, if you hate the dubs just say it but don't try justify it 

AbbeySider

Quote from: Gnevin on August 14, 2007, 09:53:03 AM
if you hate the dubs just say it but don't try justify it 

I dont hate the dubs,

yer just idiots that think you rule the world and should command respect.... (even in GAA terms)

Respect for what?
Being (per cap) the rape and gangland crime captial ?

Snorting coke on the hill?

Its not real 'hate' anyway. Most Dubs dont blow their own trumpet and are very sound but you always get the cocky wan&ers too.

This topic should be moved

his holiness nb

Ye control our Weather Forcasts

Well now I understand why ye all hate us  ;)
Makes perfect sense, apologies all round  ;D
Ask me holy bollix

AbbeySider

Look it's the town/country thing! It's the Pale/Rest of Ireland! It's the stereotype Dub/Culchie! We have to cheer against ye. Like we have to cheer against England! Dublin controls our TV. Ye control of Newspapers. Ye control our Weather Forcasts. Ye contol our traffic reports.  We are always seen as second (if even that). Cork tries to compete. But Dublin sees itself as Ireland to its natives and us culchies often feel isolated, so like the old empire (England) when it takes to the sporting field we will back any challenger. It's a love/Hate relationship.

Im cringing reading that tripe above.

Question for Bunker: What age are you?

As a so called 'culchie' I defiantly dont feel isolated and certainly not second best to a Dub.
But thanks for speaking for us all there Bunker

Gnevin

Quote from: AbbeySider on August 14, 2007, 10:02:56 AM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 14, 2007, 09:53:03 AM
if you hate the dubs just say it but don't try justify it 

I dont hate the dubs,

yer just idiots that think you rule the world and should command respect.... (even in GAA terms)

Respect for what?
Being (per cap) the rape and gangland crime captial ?

Snorting coke on the hill?

Its not real 'hate' anyway. Most Dubs dont blow their own trumpet and are very sound but you always get the cocky wan&ers too.

This topic should be moved

What a steaming pile of shit  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Rossfan

Quote from: Gnevin on August 13, 2007, 09:08:14 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 13, 2007, 08:54:47 PM
Quote from: Tankie on August 13, 2007, 08:26:08 PM

i think its great being a dub and live in Dublin.
You need to get some ambition you loser  :D
So you dont think its great being a rossi and living in Roscommon?

Being a Rossie and living in Ros is the highest state of existence  we reincarnationists can hope to achieve.
Imagine rising in the morning and seeing Lough Key and it's islands first thing when you look out your window.
Is that Heaven/Nirvana/Shangri La or what?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tankie

Quote from: Rossfan on August 14, 2007, 08:30:40 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 13, 2007, 09:08:14 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 13, 2007, 08:54:47 PM
Quote from: Tankie on August 13, 2007, 08:26:08 PM

i think its great being a dub and live in Dublin.
You need to get some ambition you loser  :D
So you dont think its great being a rossi and living in Roscommon?

Being a Rossie and living in Ros is the highest state of existence  we reincarnationists can hope to achieve.
Imagine rising in the morning and seeing Lough Key and it's islands first thing when you look out your window.
Is that Heaven/Nirvana/Shangri La or what?

Sounds great i must say, but the 10 mile walk to the nearest shop would be enough to turn me off it!
Grand Slam Saturday!