new order in Ulster

Started by no stirieking, August 12, 2007, 07:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no stirieking

after the ulster teams exit the championship who are the top teams now? IMO there is nothing between tyrone, armagh, derry, monaghan and donegal

ExiledGael

If Tyrone or Armagh went into either of this weekend's big football games with a fully fit squad, as Derry and Monaghan had, they would have beaten Dublin and Kerry.
The big two, when fully fit, will still be the teams to beat, and have the mental strength that none of the rest have in Ulster.
The rest will occasionally do well, flatter to decieve and waste their chances on the big stage, that's what us small fish do  :-\

From the Bunker

Agree EG! Tyrone, Armagh are still the top dogs and will be short odds again next season for sam!

Star Spangler

In the championship this year a half fit Tyrone team hammered Donegal and beat Monaghan who themselves beat Derry so I'm not sure how you put the four teams on equal footing.

dublinfella

Quote from: ExiledGael on August 12, 2007, 07:15:28 PM
If Tyrone or Armagh went into either of this weekend's big football games with a fully fit squad, as Derry and Monaghan had, they would have beaten Dublin and Kerry.
The big two, when fully fit, will still be the teams to beat, and have the mental strength that none of the rest have in Ulster.
The rest will occasionally do well, flatter to decieve and waste their chances on the big stage, that's what us small fish do  :-\

isnt the point that those two's current squads are too old to ever be fully fit.

the Ulster reign is over now, thank f**k

Star Spangler

Quotethe Ulster reign is over now, thank f**k
What reign was that??  ???

Quoteisnt the point that those two's current squads are too old to ever be fully fit
Tyrone's squad is considerably younger than Dublin's.  Jayo on your starting 15...ffs!

INDIANA

the last utterings of the deluded in Ulster. Armagh are 4th in ulster never mind anywhere else.

ExiledGael

Quote from: dublinfella on August 12, 2007, 07:23:01 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on August 12, 2007, 07:15:28 PM

isnt the point that those two's current squads are too old to ever be fully fit.

the Ulster reign is over now, thank f**k

The single biggest loss to Armagh this year was Ronan Clarke. Fellow forward Brian Mallon also a big loss, both aged under 25.
Tyrone wre without their main playaker Brian McGuigan, not sure but he's around 27, and the 2005 footballer of the year Stephen O'Neill, not even as old as McGuigan.
I'm no fan of getting our asses kicked by Tyrone, but they are far from finished and have at least one more All-Ireland title in that squad should they all recover.
Dublin and Kerry are fortunate some of the best players of the last five years have been watching from the stands

Main Street

Tyrone in flow, play some great football. It is now clear that Monaghan played poorly by their own standards in that Ulster Final.

Tyrone have the title but Monaghan have what other supporters would give up a months supply of pints for.

Bogball XV

A fully fit Tyrone are No.1, Derry, Monaghan and Donegal (if you can forgive their chamionship form this year) are a bit behind that, Armagh whilst as good as the previous three this year, will have fallen further behind next year, remember Down may snapping at their heels for the 5th spot!!

INDIANA

the way down are going the only heels they will be snapping at will eb antrim.

Hardy

What's this - an argument among pygmies about who's the tallest? The relevant point about Ulster football is that no Ulster team has reached the last four in the last two years. The order has changed, in case you haven't noticed up there yet.

(Well. I couldn't resist it after five or six years of "aren't we great, all the same".
Am I making new friends?  ;D)

Mike Sheehy

QuoteDublin and Kerry are fortunate some of the best players of the last five years have been watching from the stands

..yeah, no other sides have to deal with injuries... ??? we won an AI without Dara O'Se and with a minor role for Seamus Moynihan.

...but, you know what, keep up with ye're the delusions about the worth of Ulster. This unfounded arrogance has been your undoing in the last two years so long may it continue.

tyssam5

Sure we still have Kerry. I'm counting them as an Ulster team now, the way they've embraced our puke football. Come on the Kingdom bring it home to Ulster!  :P

we are blue... etc

To say Tyrone/Armagh are still the top 2 in Ulster is rubbish. On the basis of this year Monaghan or Derry are on a par or ahead of either one. Let's not get stuck in the past folks. Believe me I know -- we've been milking the 2003 Leinster for 4 seasons now...