Dublin v Kerry all ireland SF

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 12, 2007, 03:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmykelleher

"Defending the indefensible"

He predicted that Cork would beat Meath last week when everyone else was tipping Meath.

Dublin dominated midfield for long sections yesterday.
It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Mark Vaughans half-chance had hit the top corner early in the game instead of the top row.

Instead of spending 1/4 of an hour reelling in Kerry's early 3 points they might have built up a bigger lead by half time.

Saying that to get your prediction wrong by 9 or ten points is some going.
Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009

Dilly

I was shocked to see Dublin continuing with their tactis of goading the opposition, especially when Kerry missed a score.

It just made me cheer for Kerry in the second half of a game I have no real interest in.

anluabu2

i wanted to cheer for dublin today, i tried to cheer for them today, but god i just couldnt do it, the way some of the team carried on, just turned me to cheer for kerry

Dublin have too much ego and not enough talent, int he end Kerry made it look easy!

the media have a lot do with the enormous egos the dublin team have

glad to see them beaten

his holiness nb

Shocking thread, slagging the Dubs for taunting and triumphalism by acting the same yourselves.
Show a bit of class lads.

Fair play to Kerry, the best team on the day won, no questions, and good luck to them in the final.
Ask me holy bollix

Billys Boots

QuoteWhat about Keaney? I thought he played well yesterday.

I thought Keaney did well too yesterday, and in fact for most of the year.

I think, like many others, the Dubs lost it in the middle yesterday, especially when Kerry were obviously not operating at their best there.  It was pretty obvious throughout that Kerry were making better use of their possession.  And exactly like in their games against Cork and Monaghan, when the game was close they manufactured points in a very structured and calculated way, drawing defenders toward the ball on the right, and switching the ball quickly onto the left giving their forwards time and space to take (relatively) easy points.

A good show by the Dubs yesterday, they're probably the second best team in the country.

I almost miss the Aryan supremacist bladder about Ulster football. Fadó, fadó ...  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 26, 2007, 09:48:24 PM
QuoteMagnanimous in victory as ever Michael.

you think he deserves any ?

You'll have to run that one by me again Mike. Do I think whom deserves what?  ???

Dilly

<POINTS TO SCOREBOARD>       :D

Billys Boots

QuoteHayes is a lakes merchant.

The turf accountants of Ireland are trying to get him banned from writing about football - it's clear to see that the opposite to everything he says is a banker!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

his holiness nb

Lads whats all this about Kerry "taking the hill" that makes them sound like a soccer "firm" !
I'd prefer some away fans on the hill, makes for better craic, and yesterday we got just that, good craic between fans, brilliant atmosphere, great game, wrong result  :(

Congrats to Kerry though, class team.
Ask me holy bollix

heffo

The tone of a lot of these threads shows the anti-Dublin bias out there.

Congrats to Kerry, deserved winners.

his holiness nb

A lot of unsavoury gloating on here towards the Dubs alright, mainly from the guys who gave out about Dublins unsavoury gloating.
Ironic eh.

In fairness to the Kerry lads here, they have proved to be good winners and havent got dragged into this.

Ask me holy bollix

neutral

Nothing more gut wrenching than losing a semi final - hard luck to the dubs,  nobody needs it rubbed in on here.  I do think the dubs are closer than most but if they keep Piller they may forget about getting accross the line he dosent have it.  I beleiev Joe kernan would win Dublin next years all ireland.  I wonder will Piller be stewarding at the final as I would personally find that a very hard thing to do where I in his position. Hard luck and a good intense "Northern style game" 

orangeman

Game of the season ? You're having a laugh !! Why do Dublin players rile and goad the opposition constantly - Declan O'Sullivan gave Cullen and Casey the right answer ! Even Jayo was at it y'day ? Why does Pillar tell them to do this ??? Can any Dub give an explanation / reason for it ?

Main Street

Cosgrove missed a certain point. Kerry had 2 on the goal line it was far from a certain goal chance.

neutral

I would worry about Cluxtons temperament; he was goading from very early on and that mistake finished the game for Dublin they were going to get a draw at that stage,  A few years ago When he was sent off againat Armagh the then Dublin manager thought he had lost the game for them also -  thats 2 big games on his watch.  I would get a less spectacular goalkeeper in.  The hype around Cluxton is unreal as well.  As for Piller I must confess I like him but theres no doubt that he embraced some of the most cynical unsporting tactics ever brought into Gaelic Football.  One final point though, a substantial amount of time was lost by Gooches dive in the second half.  He was in mid air when physical contact was made,  it was a disgraceful effort up there with his dive in the AIFinal in 2005, He held his head yet there was no contact with his head, I hope the referee cottons onto it for the final, and would suggest that he gets a retrsoepctive ban if video evidence becomes available, knavery of the highest order.