Spillane goes to town on Ulster

Started by ONeill, August 12, 2007, 09:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

You'll be alright from now on Mike. Only the Ulster teams seem fit to expose your weaknesses.

Mike Sheehy

Performances in provincial finals are not the true indicator any more. Knowing you have a safety net changes the dynamic. Going by the respective performances of Tyrone and Monaghan in the quarter finals I would say that Monaghan are a better team.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteYou'll be alright from now on Mike. Only the Ulster teams seem fit to expose your weaknesses

Cork gave us more of a challenge than the best Ulster could offer last year. Monaghan certainly put it up to us today but that 6 week break had a huge bearing.

The problem with you lads is that you are in denial. The order has changed. The quicker you realize that and adapt the better it will be for you.

It will be interesting to see how ye react when the shoe is on the other foot i.e on the back foot trying to adapt to other teams......history shows ye are not so hot at that aspect, with big gaps between periods of "dominance"

Tyrones own

Sure maybe Monaghan wanted the back door route,
   so you could be right :D :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 12, 2007, 10:36:01 PM
Performances in provincial finals are not the true indicator any more. Knowing you have a safety net changes the dynamic. Going by the respective performances of Tyrone and Monaghan in the quarter finals I would say that Monaghan are a better team.

Definetly the less feared of the two in the Kingdom anyway, i'll give you that ;D
  - Walter Lippmann

Mike Sheehy

Ye're like Armagh at this stage..two auld lads outside the disco boasting about ye're exploits all those years ago.

Time to shuffle off the stage lads..its not ye're show anymore

Tyrones own

"Disco"...... and you're telling us to move on with the times :D :D

- Walter Lippmann

Mike Sheehy

"Oi vey, damn dem Kerrymen...its easy for them..they only have to out dance Cork to reach the danceoff...oi vey, cmon, lets go to the disco and show them we still have the moves..."

Tyrones own

Two fine upstanding.....Ahem or not  Kerry men In New york for the weekend.
  Who's that to you're left Mikey, does he post here also?
  - Walter Lippmann

A Quinn Martin Production

We all know Spillane is a w**ker on the wind-up, he gets his money about as easy as she got most of his All Irelands ;)).  A very good player in his day albeit surrounded by very good players but now a master purveyor of puke punditry and journalism.  I'll just make two quick points:  1) He clearly didn't see the Tommy Murphy Cup final which was an open, entertaining, exciting, clean game of football (at a lower level of course) and which was infinitely more watchable than Kerry vs Waterford or Cork 2) He clearly has never seen All Ireland Gold, which proved that the so called calssic games of the 70's and 80's contained a huge amount of shite football as well as the odd good bit of play. 
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

nrico2006

Quote From Mike Sheehy:

QuoteRusty coming off a 6 week break, Grinding out a result against the best team in Ulster while playing poorly

Best team in Ulster, well the current Ulster Champions aren't Monaghan!  As for playing poorly, it was more a case of simply being outplayed and relying on free's. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Romeo

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 14, 2007, 11:00:51 AM
Quote From Mike Sheehy:

QuoteRusty coming off a 6 week break, Grinding out a result against the best team in Ulster while playing poorly

Best team in Ulster, well the current Ulster Champions aren't Monaghan!  As for playing poorly, it was more a case of simply being outplayed and relying on free's. 

Yeah, but did you not just get the feeling the whole way through that Kerry would win in the end?

Main Street

Quote from: Romeo on August 14, 2007, 11:08:08 AM
Yeah, but did you not just get the feeling the whole way through that Kerry would win in the end?
Not when Finlays point put Monaghan 2 clear.
Monaghan had finished strongly in their 4 previous championship games.
Those 4 hard games games had clearly  taken their toll in the last 5 or 6 minutes whereas Kerry were fresh :)

It smacks of misplaced arrogance when some say that Kerry played shite. Monaghan are a top 8 team and played very well, Kerry had to dig deep to beat them.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Romeo on August 14, 2007, 11:08:08 AM

I've said the same on another thread, even with a few mins to go and Monaghan 3 up.
I was 100% certain Kerry would win at that stage.
Ask me holy bollix

Fear ón Srath Bán

Monaghan panicked slightly with the finishing line in sight, whereas the Kingdom just drew on experience and plugged away. Sheehan unsettled/perplexed the Monaghan defence somewhat, insofar as he was given far too much space, and he punished them with well taken points; and there was a certain inevitability about that, but Monaghan will learn from it.

And, as for Spillane and his rot in the SW: they (the SW) have obviously complained to him that he and his column are not being talked about enough.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...