The Langers vs West Dublin

Started by sligeach, August 09, 2007, 11:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligeach

Seen this on peoplesrepublic and thought it was priceless.

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=627

Quote"As a result of Sligo's brutality on the Cork ace, it is expected that he will miss the semi final clash in a fortnight's time against West Dublin who defeated Tyrone on Saturday. As the championship's top scorer so far with 3-27 his loss will be a heavy one for Billy Morgan but if Masters played for 15 minutes with the horrific injury perhaps he shouldnt be written off just yet..."

Frank Casey

Well you'll see as many Arnotts jerseys in Dunboyne as Dundrum. As for the rest of the article, once you've translated the langerese, its just the usual peoples republic diatribe.
KERRY 3:7

Hardy

How very unsurprising to find that Langers have difficulties with geography. We already knew about language, etiquette, hygiene ...

magpie seanie

QuoteSligo's brutality

Yes, we were brutal. I think. ??? ??? ???

Hardy

the Deel Rover

your bet with meath is not looking to bad hardy
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

his holiness nb

Quote from: Frank Casey on August 09, 2007, 11:37:05 AM
Well you'll see as many Arnotts jerseys in Dunboyne as Dundrum. As for the rest of the article, once you've translated the langerese, its just the usual peoples republic diatribe.

Jaysus I'd expect to see feck all around Dundrum!
Ask me holy bollix

Hardy

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Hardy on August 09, 2007, 02:15:59 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 09, 2007, 12:26:11 PM
your bet with meath is not looking to bad hardy

I'm hopeful.

i got them at 33's , would you lay against them if they get to the final which i think they will? Must be good craic in your house at the moment with meath v's cork
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Hardy

Normally I would, but it's not a very big bet - it was just a few bob, part matched at 80, part at 75 last April and only put on to have an interest anyway. I think I'll just hold on and hope, rather than split it and make potential winnings even smaller. Of course, judgment is clouded  - if it wasn't Meath I'd definitely lay it.

There's unanimity in my house - the lad who was born in Limerick and plays his football and hurling in Cork is a Meath supporter (by his own good judgment - no influence from me  :)). It's good crack in the pub, though. I'm not sure at this stage who owes me drink or who I owe the whole top shelf to, depending on the result.

the Deel Rover

ye thats what make the all ireland so special the banter with the opposition supporters who are living locally, never thought i'd say it but i'll be shouting for meath all the way  ;) ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Hardy

the Deel Rover

no hardy i'd be supporting Meath or Derry even if i hadn't money on them, i just like the brand of football meath play
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Hardy

You're a man of good taste and judgment, then.

stephenite

Quote from: Hardy on August 09, 2007, 03:12:32 PM
You're a man of good taste and judgment, then.

First time a Crossmolina man has ever been accused of that :)