Club Fundraising

Started by lemon125, August 09, 2007, 10:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lemon125

An idea i had for the club was to have a club shop selling sweets, cans etc on match days. I see loads of those littler shop things ariving out of the back of the car and thought why can the club get the money instead of them?

Anyone have a shop located within the club grounds that does this and is it profitable?

Norf Tyrone

We have a wee shop, and it does OK, but is probably not worth the effort. I'll hunt out how much we made last year, but you have to offset it against the amount of litter they wee feckers leave at their arses around the place.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

thebandit

Believe me, its not worth the effort. The biggest probem is club members expecting to get things for free.

orangeman

What about a club merchandise shop / sweet shop just on match days ?

We have a family who stock and sell the club merchandise on our behalf and it works very well - it's very decent of them to do it. It's a great arrangement.

bingobus

We'd run a shop for championship games we would host. Don't bother with league games or other club games - minors, juniors etc.

It makes a few pound and everything helps in this day and age. Its not a big operation and relies on a couple of the members and their children to run it.

Bud Wiser

Buy a second hand vending machine that sells drinks, crisps and choc. Then just stand back and it will do the biz itself.  As a club you qualify for a wholesale card for Musgraves/ BWG etc.   Get a good machine and it will dispense anything from hurling balls to mobile phone top ups.

thebandit

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Bud Wiser on August 09, 2007, 03:21:12 PM
Buy a second hand vending machine that sells drinks, crisps and choc. Then just stand back and it will do the biz itself.  As a club you qualify for a wholesale card for Musgraves/ BWG etc.   Get a good machine and it will dispense anything from hurling balls to mobile phone top ups.

yes we have one of those as well Bud its great
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

lemon125

Very good idea... I'll do a bit of research into it

North Man

We are considering 'racing piglets' for a club fun day
Any contacts with people who provide these piglets would be much appreciated

Denn Forever

If you were in Cavan I'd say go to the local piggery.  Don't know what the animal welfare problems might be though.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

blewuporstuffed

Our club are currently running a development draw, is there anyway we can set up a web page so that people over seas can buy tickets ? similar to justgiving or something like that?
or is ther an easier way to do it?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Under Lights

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 11, 2013, 09:54:50 AM
Our club are currently running a development draw, is there anyway we can set up a web page so that people over seas can buy tickets ? similar to justgiving or something like that?

Just set up a paypal account?

WeeDonns

There's a good few different ways you could do it.
There are sites out there that will handle it for a small fee per transaction, or you could just setup a Paypal account and get people to send you the money and you send them the ticket.

How much are the tickets and how many would you aim to sell online?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: WeeDonns on October 11, 2013, 10:09:53 AM

There's a good few different ways you could do it.
There are sites out there that will handle it for a small fee per transaction, or you could just setup a Paypal account and get people to send you the money and you send them the ticket.

How much are the tickets and how many would you aim to sell online?

the draw has been going on a while with members out selling tickets, its just at this stage as last push any way to sell an additional few tickets would be welcome as the draw is in december.

tickets are £20 each
3 for £40
9 for £100
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either