Leinster Rugby Official Thread

Started by Tankie, August 07, 2007, 07:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

Nearly 10k season tickets sold now. hard to believe how popular rugby has become!
Grand Slam Saturday!

AZOffaly

Rugby is still a man's game. Maybe that's got something to do with it.

Gnevin

Am a season ticket holder myself. Sure it's great craic at the game and will be better now with even bigger average crowd. Have to say their is nothing like live sport , being in the ground ,see top class players live. Will never understand how people consider sitting on their bar stools ,barely watching the game ,going on a annual piss up, as supporting Liverpool ,United or who ever .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tankie

Quote from: Gnevin on August 28, 2008, 02:19:38 PM
Am a season ticket holder myself. Sure it's great craic at the game and will be better now with even bigger average crowd. Have to say their is nothing like live sport , being in the ground ,see top class players live. Will never understand how people consider sitting on their bar stools ,barely watching the game ,going on a annual piss up, as supporting Liverpool ,United or who ever .

didnt know you were a season tickets holder Gnevin, a northsider - what has leinster rugby become  ;)

but i know what you mean about the live sport thing, the 'real' soccer fans are the ones that get me, they go to one or maybe two piss ups games a year with all the lads and they call themselves true fans. The arm chair fans are generally sad enough guys, they might aswell be watching a soap opera.

I cant wait for the season to start, we are looking strong this year, i'm looking forward to the pre - season friendly on saturday to see how we are looking. also there is a farmers market for the cuchies  ;)
Grand Slam Saturday!

AZOffaly

My combined Thomond Park HEC and ML tickets are in the post seemingly. I've finally graduated to full membership of the Munster Supporters Club after 6 years of associate membership. Hopefully Munster can follow Leinster's example off the field when it comes to ML crowds now.

Main Street

Congratulations, that's as close as you can get to Munster citizenship.

Tankie

Quote from: Main Street on August 28, 2008, 02:45:00 PM
Congratulations, that's as close as you can get to Munster citizenship.

You never be one of them AZ, i cant understand why you try!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Main Street

No need to try, he has assimilated, doesn't AZ live in a civilised part of Munster? no need to yerra there.

AZOffaly

Some game last night. Leinster's defence was unreal, but there was no way they were going to keep that going for 80+ minutes. If Contempomi had kicked his penalties it would have been a different game I'd say.

Munster's set piece is in bits at the moment though, especially the lineouts. Laurie Fisher is going to have to sort that out before the HEC starts off, so I hope he plays a strong enough forward unit against Glasgow next weekend. First real game at the new Thomond Park. Looking great.

The top 2 provinces look good though, Leinster are close.

Hoof Hearted

enjoyed this myself last night. as the commentator said after about 50 mins its is the best 3-0 game he has saw in a while. fierce physicallity from both teams. surely leinster will give the H Cup a real go now. only got setanta at the start of the summer so this is my first real viewing of magners league games and its class stuff. the ospreys are some outfit too and have to be genuine H Cup challengers aswell.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Tankie

Good win for Leinster last night and a great crowd too. Its always good to win the week before the Heino Cup!
Grand Slam Saturday!

magpie seanie

Was nearly at what would have been the second rugby match of my life last evening in the RDS except the season ticket holder that had a free ticket for me said it was too cold to go! Maybe he was right, it was friggin cold.

Tankie

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 30, 2008, 11:32:25 PM
Was nearly at what would have been the second rugby match of my life last evening in the RDS except the season ticket holder that had a free ticket for me said it was too cold to go! Maybe he was right, it was friggin cold.

Ohh yeah only for a group of us go to the games i dont think we would have made it out of the pub as it was ridiculous how cold it was at the game, i was shocked that there were over 15k at the game. €5.50 for a hot whiskey was ridiculous too but when your that cold i guess you will pay whatever they ask for!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Dinny Breen

Nice to see Sean O'Brien from Tullow, Carlow having such a great game. This kid will be the next Irish 7 after David Wallace, very similar in style too but his raw aggression is fanastic to watch.

Leinster really should pick up 10 points over the next two weekends leaving them as odds on favourites to win the group and pick up a home quarter-final.
#newbridgeornowhere

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 01, 2008, 11:03:54 AM
Nice to see Sean O'Brien from Tullow, Carlow having such a great game. This kid will be the next Irish 7 after David Wallace, very similar in style too but his raw aggression is fanastic to watch.

Leinster really should pick up 10 points over the next two weekends leaving them as odds on favourites to win the group and pick up a home quarter-final.
was at the game on sat night myself and thought he was a very good hard running line breaking player. However, is he not a tad lacking in heights...maybe he just looked small standing next to young toner.

Great to see holwell back, he was the best outhalf in this country before he left, ogara still have never been as good imo