Directions To Croke Park ?

Started by Bud Wiser, August 07, 2007, 12:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBM on the 21

events@crokepark.ie - I would think that they would want you to complain - it helps them to improve their services

Hardy

orangeman

Some of stewards are arseholes - I remember last year at match I was in early and there might have been 3000 people in the stadium at the time - there were friends I knew and I wanted to go and speak to them - So I went over to thier section and I was stopped by one of these stewards 9 a fair age of a man - he said let me see your tickets - I said I wasn't sitting here but just wanted to go and talk to some friends - he tld me that under no circumstances could I go to another section of the ground and sit down or speak to anyone - I explained that I only wanted to speak to some friends - he insisted that I couldn't and that If I gave any more "hassle" I'd be put out of the ground !!!!! Can you believe that ?

Jobsworth or what ? There must be a few of them about then -
by the way,do all these boys get paid for stewarding these matches ?

Bud Wiser

there was another little observation I made on Sunday which for me anyway was very emotional.  Before the Cats v Wexford game down at Hill 16 James McGarry was playing a game of hurling between himself and his son.  Then James went away and the young lad was pucking the ball well out to the centre of the field to Henry who was rifling it back at him.  Makes all our worries little ones and I hope things like this and the support they are getting from the GAA will help them both to get over their recent tragedy. I got the ould lump in the throat watching them anyway.

Bud Wiser

QuoteI said I wasn't sitting here but just wanted to go and talk to some friends - he tld me that under no circumstances could I go to another section of the ground and sit down or speak to anyone - I explained that I only wanted to speak to some friends - he insisted that I couldn't and that If I gave any more "hassle" I'd be put out of the ground !!!!! Can you believe that ?

If that be the case they break their own rules because two lads who looked all important were sitting in the front row of the Premium in front of me and the Chef, dressed in what chef's dress in, came out and stood there, aye, standing, talking to them and as we used to say, blocking our light, or, they were in my light for a few minutes while they exchanged "is everthing ok" type sayings.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 07, 2007, 03:35:30 PM
...The Garda he brought back to evict me from my seat was my brother!!
Clasic moment and the steward went off with his tail between his legs

Nice one RLL  ;D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

JBM on the 21

Let us know how you get on. As they would say in the States, the man needs to retake the orientation!! (Even though its probably too late for that)
Seriously, I think it is very important for any of ye to complain - a similar thing happened to me a few years ago at Croker - soured the whole experience for me and I didn't do anything about it. afterwards. Regretted it.
He tries that on in front of a few important clients of the GAA and it will hurt them.

mc_grens

Is this thread for us poor Derry lads who are so bad we dont know how to get to Croker?

ONeill

Quote from: Jinxy on August 07, 2007, 01:26:57 PM
Hardy, I think I know which buck you are on about. He looked like an east end gangster to such an extent that my pal elbowed me in the ribs to cop a look at the state of him. He also told us to slow down when we were walking a bit too briskly back to our seats for his liking. If I wasn't totally preoccupied with the game there may have been harsh words. >:(

In all seriousness, there's nothing worse than brisk walkers, especially with pint glasses of water lying all over the joint in the premium.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tankie

Sure if the guy wasnt there telling people where the hoganstand was you boys would think the 8th of Dec came early and head for the shops ;D
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on August 07, 2007, 09:18:47 PM
Sure if the guy wasnt there telling people where the hoganstand was you boys would think the 8th of Dec came early and head for the shops ;D

Maybe they should have someone in the Pubs around Croke Park to get ye out of them and to make sure your shower turn up for a match early for once
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 07, 2007, 10:23:02 PM

Maybe they should have someone in the Pubs around Croke Park to get ye out of them and to make sure your shower turn up for a match early for once

Your in no position to be giving abuse LL, you can up for a match a few years ago and ended up shacking up with a dub ;)
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on August 07, 2007, 10:45:48 PM

Your in no position to be giving abuse LL, you can up for a match a few years ago and ended up shacking up with a dub ;)

Actually met her in Kilkenny when she was living there while training to be a Vet.She's not your typical Dublin girl she has a bit of class and a education  :D :P
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 07, 2007, 10:47:59 PM
Quote from: Tankie on August 07, 2007, 10:45:48 PM

Actually met her in Kilkenny when she was living there training to be a Vet.She's not your typical Dublin girl she has a bit of class and a education  :D :P

That much education she had to study in Kilkenny ;D if she got that much class what she doing with you ???
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

She studied in UCD but her work experience was in Kilkenny coz there aren't too many farms up in the auld concrete jungle that is Dublin.. ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.