Formula 1 - Hamilton v Alonso

Started by screenexile, August 06, 2007, 10:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

QuoteI can only imagine the commentary here if a few British players had been waving the union jack around a la McGinley and Harrington with the tricolours when celebrating a European Ryder Cup victory

It was when the 2 of them started chanting "I - I - IRA!!" that I lost respect for them.

slow corner back

Delighted to see Ferrari win for the rather obvious point that McClaren cheated and stole information from Ferrari. Ferrari could legitimately claim to have built the top 4 cars this season.

Balboa

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 21, 2007, 08:15:36 PM
QuoteI can only imagine the commentary here if a few British players had been waving the union jack around a la McGinley and Harrington with the tricolours when celebrating a European Ryder Cup victory

It was when the 2 of them started chanting "I - I - IRA!!" that I lost respect for them.

Is that a piss take i take it?

The Real Laoislad

Because i don't have that much interest in F1 I didn't really care who won or what nationality he was,but any interview I've seen with Hamilton he has always seemed as a down to earth type of fella and fairly likeable, unlike yer man Jenson Button who seems to have a massive ego
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Hows that A1 racing going does it have any sort of following?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ONeill

QuoteHamilton seems like a nice enough guy, but the media have got on board and have probably done him more harm than good.

Don't agree with this at all. Firstly, I thought the English media haven't really touched on the Damon Hill/Henman/Bruno/Beckham etc hysteria they usually do. I can't figure out why.

Secondly, the fella was going for a World F1 title at 22. No matter where he lived, the pressure was going to be there and the media played little or no part in terms of adding to it. Lewis seems a well rounded and sensible bloke. How did the media cause the mechanical faults today?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

doofus

Will he still win bbc sports personality of the year? i have a score on him

Tyrones own

Quote from: J70 on October 21, 2007, 07:28:27 PM
Let's all celebrate some rookie kid's unfortunate failure just because he is English (never seems to extend to Liverpool or Man U though).

Spot on, couldn't agree more J70, it is actually funny how the brit bashing doesn't apply to their love of English soccer,  chanting an aul :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Armagh CĂșchulainns

Quote from: doofus on October 21, 2007, 10:33:49 PM
Will he still win bbc sports personality of the year? i have a score on him

sure who else is gonna win it??
Its all about the Hurling.

Solomon Kane

Quote from: 5iveTimes on October 21, 2007, 07:43:24 PM
The fact that this lad is English and not British is also a plus for the media.

How can he be English and Not British?

doofus

not JUST British, ie from england rather than scotland or wales

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Solomon Kane on October 21, 2007, 10:56:04 PM
Quote from: 5iveTimes on October 21, 2007, 07:43:24 PM
The fact that this lad is English and not British is also a plus for the media.

How can he be English and Not British?

I would imagine he means if the fella was Scottish or Welsh that the media would refer to him as being British but because he's English they can talk up the fact that he is from England
You'll Never Walk Alone.

doofus

programme on at 11.35pm bbc1 on the rise of lewis.

blast05

Re the BBC sports personality crack - the first i saw of this for this year was a week or so ago at the end of match of the day - the first sports start they featured was none other than Padriag Harrington. They had a few people talking about their memories of the day etc. All others featured were definitely British. Surely they weren't considering Harrington as a nomination at the time, or even now ??