Fair Play To Mickey Harte

Started by LegalEagle, August 04, 2007, 06:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LegalEagle

Just saw Mickey Hartes  post match interiew with Joanne Cantwell. He had no excuses and said the better team won. Nice to see there are some managers who can be gracious in defeat unlike managers like Jack O Connor and Billy Morgan

pintsofguinness

Agree there but someone would want to point out to him that Meath had just as many wides as tyrone.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mannix

pints,

they may have as many wides but scored more and were miles the better team from a neutral point of view.Change of the guard, armagh,tyrone,mayo and dublin are finished, unfortunate to have met a very strong kerry team but at least tyrone got a few cherries.

pintsofguinness

Quotepints, they may have as many wides but scored more and were miles the better team from a neutral point of view
Ah I know that, my point was that in his interview Harte was putting a lot of emphasis on the wides tyrone kicked, but sorry Mickey, Meath had just as many.
Meath were by far the better team. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Lecale2

I didn't see the game today but Mickey Harte always comes across as a sports man when on the losing side. In contrast to some other high profile managers. Fair play to him.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteJust saw Mickey Hartes  post match interiew with Joanne Cantwell. He had no excuses and said the better team won. Nice to see there are some managers who can be gracious in defeat unlike managers like Jack O Connor and Billy Morgan

boo, hoo...keep sucking those lemons..

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Doire abú

Yeah very sporting and fair play to him for mentioning that young fella at the end.

balladmaker

QuoteYeah very sporting and fair play to him for mentioning that young fella at the end.

Just what I thought as well....he was obviously bitterly disappointed, but still had the presence of mind to mention the young fella he met during the week.  Fair play to Micky Harte.

ziggysego

Quote from: balladmaker on August 05, 2007, 12:51:39 AM
QuoteYeah very sporting and fair play to him for mentioning that young fella at the end.

Just what I thought as well....he was obviously bitterly disappointed, but still had the presence of mind to mention the young fella he met during the week.  Fair play to Micky Harte.

My video cut out half way through his interview. What wee lad did he meet?
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

You're probably right.

I had the VideoPlus set for when I was in Dublin for the game. The delay screwed up the times.
Testing Accessibility

thebuzz

"My video cut out half way through his interview. What wee lad did he meet?"

I think it was a wee lad he met at Campa Chormaic earlier this week.

KIDDO

Greencastle minor Daniel Mc Dermott  will be  a new addition to the Tyrone minor panel for their game with Kerry in Tullamore, today.

ziggysego

Quote from: KIDDO on August 05, 2007, 01:10:28 AM
Greencastle minor Daniel Mc Dermott  will be  a new addition to the Tyrone minor panel for their game with Kerry in Tullamore, today.

Brilliant news KIDDO. This lad is a future Tyrone star. Mark my words ;)
Testing Accessibility

laceer

Quote from: KIDDO on August 05, 2007, 01:10:28 AM
does he play chb for your seniors zig?

the young fella's name was patrick trainor