Team Sheets

Started by amallon, August 03, 2007, 10:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

Lads a couple of questions on team sheets.  A lot of clubs are now printing their team sheets out on a computer.  Most clubs will write the players number beside the players name.  I've got a few team sheets this season where the opposition have just put a tick beside thier starting 15.  Other clubs don't have the secretaries signtature, some have it printed in italic fonts. 

We go to the hassle of making sure every player and all subs wear the corresponding number to the team sheet.  Are we wise?  Should I be worried about hunting down the club secretary to sign the sheets?

Some clubs are only printing a copy for the ref and we don't see their team sheet at all which is even worse.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

5 Sams

Aidan,
A lot of clubs don't give a shite about this sort of thing now. We have always made an effort like yourselves.

Theoretically you can claim the points in a game where the opposing team havent followed the rules in regards to team sheets. As a matter of fact if you can prove that the paper it is printed on isnt Irish-made then you can claim the points.
The Aristocrat Years

neilthemac

you are entitled to a copy of the oppositions team sheet - or you could lodge objections to a few of their players on the basis you didn't who they were!

team sheets should be 'as Gaeilge', with correct numbers beside each player's name, signed 'as Gaeilge' by the club secretary for adult games, for underage games just the team manager.

never kickt a ball

Didn't Tyrone not lose the McKenna Cup this year because of the team sheet?   :D :D :D

magpie seanie

Aidan - I would find the exact same problems in Sligo. We do ours to as high a standard as we can but some of the ones you reveive from other teams are a joke. AFAIK it suffices under rule to put the 15 ticks on the page beside the 15 starters.
My advice would be to maintain your own standards. Something should be done about the overall standard though.

amallon

This is my first year involved with the club, can we expect things to improve for the Championship?  I must check where that ream of printer paper I'm using comes from.  I'd be pretty sure it wouldn't be Irish!  I'll have to source a ream of Irish paper for the Championship.

Maximus Marillius

Taking about teamsheets....their is a story in Derry, and I believe it to be true,  that on the morning of the All Irealnd senior final in 93, the then defunked sectretary Patsy Mulholland refused to sign the team sheeets. :o :o :o

clarshack

is it against the rules to have the players names in irish and then their english equivalent in brackets beside it?

magpie seanie

I don't think so. As long as you have the names in Irish I'd say there is no problem putting in the "English versions" as additional information. That's what we do anyway.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: clarshack on August 03, 2007, 12:36:03 PM
is it against the rules to have the players names in irish and then their english equivalent in brackets beside it?

Definitely not. The names in English are an optional extra.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

amallon

Every team sheet we have recieved this year has the names in Irish and English.

My worst nightmare is making a fcuk up on the team sheets and allowing a team a case to appeal over some stupid technicality.

clarshack

surely teamsheets should be filled out properly with numbers etc for insurance purposes. i know coyle hamilton request teamsheets when there is an injury claim.

Norf Tyrone

Are you meant to get a copy of the oppostion's team sheet??
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

thewobbler

Aidan,

I take it you mean the Kingdom's teamsheet in particular? The way they treat these is nothing short of a disgrace. Just a list of names with ticks beside the ones who are starting. No mention of numbers, subs, and sometimes even the opposition. There is absolutely no way you could use that to prove anything. To make matters worse, when we met last year in Ballyholland, most of their team returned for the second half in sub's jerseys (wet night and all that). How a referee could ever keep control of tickings and bookings in those circumstances, I don't know.

I was going to raise this issue at County Board last year, but didn't get the chance.

amallon

I can't say what the Kingdoms team sheet looked like Wobbler because I never got a copy!  Thats not to say somone else from our line didn't get it unknown to me.  Against Attical we submitted our 2 copies to the ref and got their team sheet and 1 of our own back.