Ray Silke: Sunday Game, Pat Spillane...what an anchor!

Started by DJGaliv, August 02, 2007, 08:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the worst member of The Sunday Game panel?

Colm O'Rourke
2 (2.4%)
Tommy Lyons
22 (26.8%)
Pat Spillane
30 (36.6%)
Kevin McStay
13 (15.9%)
Joe Brolly
8 (9.8%)
Tony Davis
7 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 81

mannix

Agree with that silke fella even if he hates Mayo and takes a swing at us when he gets a chance.
Spillane. about as fake as they come, though delightful to watch when kerry lose.
Lyons. like a schoolteacher on tea break, not much good at this aspect of sport
Davis. like a lad afraid of getting a slap so says what they want to hear.
Tohil, genuine article and could easily be a presenter if he was trained a bit, deep thinker
Ocinneide,  likewise.You believe what he is saying because he is not biased even with kerry
paul curran.   too wooden, visibly upset when dublin lose.

Grainne ni seoige,  ok,ok but even if she says nothing at all I think she is needed.

heineken_on_tap

Never thought I would say this but silke is 100% correct  - Spillane just isnt a presenter, he cuts people off and mocks them if they dont agree with his thoughts. Why not try Darragh Maloney - I like him as a commentator but he is also a good presenter.

Then the analysts – well Davis, Lyons and Brolly are terrible. I would keep o'Rourke, McStay, Tohill. O'Cinneide is the best of the lot in all fairness – no problem talking and knows his stuff. Time to introduce new talent – what about Peter Canavan, Dermot Early, Martin McHugh, Jack O'se????? Or maybe Joanne and Evanne could be promoted from the sideline - spice the job up ;)

screenexile

MArtin McHugh????? Catch a grip he's a bigoted wee hoor who thinks he's like some king of legend manager because Cavan won the Ulster cship with a dodgy point against a poor Derry team! He should be sacked from BBC as well!

Croí na hÉireann

Paul Curran, I knew there was a name missing from my P45 list. Martin McHugh? Jaysus, we're trying to improve the quality of analists here...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

SuperDooperCooper

For me Martin Carney is the worst of the lot and to see his 'expert' analysis on the Mayo game was laughable, how did they lose with that flow of knowledge coming from on high. John O'Mahony may start next year with a new analyst. The muppet is even on the last word. I mute the sound when he does the co-commentator role, for that matter McStay is only sligthly better he contradicts himself at every turn.
Agree that the Sunday game is not what it was but last week's bitch fight between Tommy Lyons and Pat was a new all time low especially Lyons going for Monaghan because that is what he expected Pat wanted. Sad, Tommy just plain sad. Never understood why they got rid of Jacko.

orangeman

Now that Big Joe has retired, would he be a suitable candidate ?

johnpower

This criticism of the sunday game,its presenter and its content is growing . I wonder will RTE take any notice probalby not . I agree a new calmer more professional presenter or maybe some training for the incumbent is needed . With regards the the other analysts I think every one has their favourites but I would like Peter Canavan or Big Joe involved .

Fear ón Srath Bán

I think the key criterion here, in being an anchor, is the ability to listen, simply that. Ó'Cinnéide: excellent, Spillane: woeful. Not sure about Big Joe, may not be telegenic enough for the lumpen masses.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

thebuzz

Quote "Changing the theme tune and removing Lyster were the beginning of the end for the Sunday Game evening programme."

Michael Lyster is totally unbiased. It took me years to realise that he was a Galway man. He asks the questions and lets the analyst answer. Maybe he didn't want to be the anchorman anymore? I can't see anyone any better than him.

paddypastit

Jacko?? - great great footballer - clueless analyst
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

orangeman

Too many Ulster men if Tohill AND Joe were to be there.

Uladh

For all joe's strengths he wouldn't be articulate enough to be on the telly