UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

Anyone know what games are of free to air TV this weekend?

Rossfan

Hurley stuff....Clare/Cork and Tipp/Limerick
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Scarlet

Dónal Óg says its the days we were nourished on. Bow down at the altar of THE GREATEST SPORT IN THE WORLD (Munster).
I'm sure he'll pipe up about the football on GAAGo too...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

rrhf

Somewhere in there, there is a GPA message or leaning here. Can't decipher it though.

Rossfan

Reds under the beds, McCarthyism at its best

Tyrone Dreamer

Caught the sport on rte news last night. There's 140,000 people expected in croke park this weekend, could you imagine the hype machine in over drive if it was for rugby. Rte some how didn't mention the games on the sports news. They covered boxing, league of Ireland and golf.

LC

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 01, 2023, 07:06:23 AM
Caught the sport on rte news last night. There's 140,000 people expected in croke park this weekend, could you imagine the hype machine in over drive if it was for rugby. Rte some how didn't mention the games on the sports news. They covered boxing, league of Ireland and golf.

Very true, certain aspects of the D4 media seem to be overly obsessed when it comes to the rugby.  A lot of smoke blown up rugby players arses who go on about the jersey and how proud they are to represent Ireland.  If the IRFU were short a few bob and asked the goys to still tog out anyway the pride in the jersey thing would soon go out the window.

Rossfan

I couldnt believe they didnt even mention the QFs.
Marty mustn't have been able to get around to the 8 Counties to put a few clichés together.

AustinPowers

Any  thoughts on BBC NI 's coverage  of today's Hurling semi?

I thought it was quite good, although I thought. they  might have had a token Ulster man  on the panel of pundits

Looking forward to tomorrow's  semi and more bbc coverage.  I fancy Clare to beat  Kilkenny

square_ball

Quote from: AustinPowers on July 08, 2023, 11:35:00 PM
Any  thoughts on BBC NI 's coverage  of today's Hurling semi?

I thought it was quite good, although I thought. they  might have had a token Ulster man  on the panel of pundits

Looking forward to tomorrow's  semi and more bbc coverage.  I fancy Clare to beat  Kilkenny

Suppose Neil McManus was on co-comm duty as the Ulster rep in the punditry.

Did it go out UK wide or just BBC 6 counties?

bannside

Was this the first time ever a hurling semi final was broadcast live on BBC?

I watched first half on RTE and (maybe my problem) it kept buffering,  so I watched second half in BBC2 Ni and not a problem. Thomas Niblock was an excellent host and the panellists were as good as they needed to be. It wasn't Sky TV with its multi analysis/ freeze the frame here style, but it was a fantastic production that showed what our games are all about to a new audience who either switches off immediately -  or watched a while and marvelled at what they were seeing served up in a magnificent stadium, being entertained by amateur players from "down south".

All part of the ongoing greening of Ulster process!

Walter Cronc

Not a hurling man but McManus a class operator. Just explains things for us simple 'burn the hurls' hallions

snoopdog

I enjoyed bbc coverage. I'm sick of the old stale rte drivel. Niblock is good. The panel all legends of the game. Was surprised Sambo didn't make an appearance. Will watch today's semi on it also. Pity the game didn't live up to the billing. Limerick are different class though.

marty34

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 09, 2023, 07:53:00 AM
Not a hurling man but McManus a class operator. Just explains things for us simple 'burn the hurls' hallions

Hopefully he'll be on TSG full time next year.

Milltown Row2

Neil is a great pundit, not excitable, not looking to generate controversy just for the sake of it and knows the game and what goes into it.

He did a game a while back on RTE and got rave reviews for it, don't think he got another gig though, not sure why, playing commitments possibly.

Hopefully that's him more involved now, though he'll still be hurling for his club
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea