UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

UTV basterds. They just ran a story about Gallagher stepping down from Donegal and showed a clip of him staggering with a pint in his hand. Twas funny though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

theticklemister

RORY GALLAGHER leaving Donegal made the top billing in sports in utv............

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

imtommygunn

I understand what you say any craic but 2 things...

- rte show league of ireland matches live and wouldn't be near a club c'ship quarter final anywhere with many having as much or more than 4k at them. ( dublin football, cork hurling, kk hurling et etc)
- what seems to get a lot of peoples goat up is the irish league coverage but at the end of the day it is the most elite level of the sport in ni and it is a popular sport.

Anyway rory is gone and jim has just killed club football in donegal -plenty else to talk about!

Any craic

I wouldn't compare RTE with BBC in this context.

T Fearon

Any craic you seem to have an ingrained prejudice against the BBC that does not correlate with the facts.We have excellent coverage of the Championship on tv and Ulster Club Championship/National League live on BBC radio, highlights and snippets of GAA action and news on BBC newsline.What more do you want?

Any craic

And you seem to have gone completely the other way to a love-in with BBC! Seriously, as above, you've made your point, we know it, you keep repeating it as if we should just all agree with you because you are so right, I don't agree with it and many don't, but that's fine. I'm not going to go over it all again. Over and out.

T Fearon

Aye,not complaining about injustice when there's due cause! That's me alright! ;D

Maguire01

Quote from: Any craic on September 17, 2013, 07:08:46 PM
I wouldn't compare RTE with BBC in this context.
Why? Because it doesn't suit?

Any craic

Ah right T, so that's why you're the most popular poster on this Board  :D

T Fearon

Any Craic doesn't "compare BBC with RTE in this case", because he believes BBC to be inherently biased against the GAA, but RTE aren't (again in his belief). I would suggest that mindset will not be altered even by reams of fact and evidence to the contrary.

Any craic

Ah now Tony, you just won't let it go will you? You're jumping in with yet more rash and foolish assumptions based on what you think to be the truth. Anything for a cheap shot. The irony is that your mindset is the one that clearly cannot be altered, as you have proved time and again with your pro-BBC dictats, when clearly you are in the minority here. 

imtommygunn

Any craic I will leave you with this...

- The BBC can be compared to RTE in "this context". The parameters of this debate are not defined by you - it is a relevant point.
- BBC NI is a regional broadcaster. That fact can not be denied.
- The one fact you missed was in fact a glaring omission of an entire schedule of radio coverage for ulster club games and national league games. Yes you missed one thing which highlights you do not know what BBC cover.

Based on the 3 things above and your refusal to acknowledge them it points to one of two things:
a) you can't debate points when people put them to you so have to allege that it's personal when you're challenged
b) you have completely lost objectivity in this debate.

I will reiterate that I think you make some valid points. They are however lost in an agenda ridden argument.

Now BBC please show more hurling!

Any craic

'I'm going to scweem and scweem and scweem until I get my way' - you guys are good craic, just keep repeating the same mantra over and over again, make lazy assumptions and demand that you are right - 'it is relevant', 'cannot be denied', 'you do not know what the BBC cover' - listen to yourselves! More to the point, listen to the majority on here and let them speak, instead of dominating the discussion and constantly trying to put people down with your repetitive posts. It's called fair debate. And that's not taking it personally!

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 17, 2013, 06:50:48 PM
I understand what you say any craic but 2 things...

- rte show league of ireland matches live and wouldn't be near a club c'ship quarter final anywhere with many having as much or more than 4k at them. ( dublin football, cork hurling, kk hurling et etc)
- what seems to get a lot of peoples goat up is the irish league coverage but at the end of the day it is the most elite level of the sport in ni and it is a popular sport.

Anyway rory is gone and jim has just killed club football in donegal -plenty else to talk about!

TG4 show live and deferred club championship games all the time and they're a subsidised state broadcaster too. IIRC I watched a Clare club senior hurling semi-final on it a few years ago.

Whilst soccer is a popular sport and Irish league is the highest level its played at in the north doesn't mean its that popular as the attendance figures to the games shows. I'd say there's more soccer supporters on boats and planes to the English and Scottish premier leagues (Div1 for Rangers fans) than there is at the entire attendance of the Irish league on a given weekend.

As for rugby, the AI league results are read out on a saturday evening and you'd get the odd highlight of a Belfast Harlequins or Ballymena game