Selling tickets on ebay.

Started by hows she cutting, August 02, 2007, 10:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Try it out and see how it goes - buy a ticket, run the story and get the headlines going - there may not be a lot of future advertisements !

Cloc Mor

Quoteset up a fake ebay account and place the highest bid without paying for them!

STING THE BASTARDS!

Think this is the only way to sort them out.  Not only post the highest bid but make it a £1000000 bid and ruin the auction for it.  Keep doing this and they will soon get sick of it.

Tankie

First of all what i can i say but the Dubs are the biggest show in town ;D

but this is totally wrong but half you guys complaining would probable have no probs selling concert tickets at inflaated prices? sure a few of the guys here a few months ago were bragging that they sold Oxegen tickets for double the price!
Grand Slam Saturday!

offtheground

would that not make you liable for the amount bid???
Do you need to put legitimate details in to set-up an ebay account??

full back

Fcuk off tankie
Are you a GAA man or a tout

Tankie

Quote from: full back on August 03, 2007, 10:44:28 AM
Fcuk off tankie
Are you a GAA man or a tout

thats some bull shite post, i take it you are one of these 'its ok to tout tickets once there not GAA tickets' guys. I have never sold a ticket for anything above face value but listening to lads say how terrible touting is but will sell a concert ticket at double the price is just bullshite and annoying!
Grand Slam Saturday!

orangeman

Why not get the GAA to buy the tickets ? Arrange to meet the seller to exchane the cash ? Meet up the morning of the match  - take the details of the tickets and when they're presented at he gate, don't let them in - they seem to have a good ticket system in Croke Park for admissions -try that - but in reality there's loads of ways to do it - but here's a question - do the GAA authorities REALLY want to challenge it ? Or is it a good way of keeping the hype going about tickets and thereby creating demand and justification for having an increase in the price of the tickets year on year ?

full back

Quote from: Tankie on August 03, 2007, 10:49:58 AM
thats some bull shite post, i take it you are one of these 'its ok to tout tickets once there not GAA tickets' guys. I have never sold a ticket for anything above face value but listening to lads say how terrible touting is but will sell a concert ticket at double the price is just bullshite and annoying!

Bit of a sweeping statement there tankie, saying the lads on here are touting concert tickets ::)

Gnevin

Quote from: full back on August 03, 2007, 11:13:56 AM

Bit of a sweeping statement there tankie, saying the lads on here are touting concert tickets ::)
Check the oxygen thread ,
Quote from: Hank Everlast on June 19, 2007, 12:37:34 PM
I paid £550 for 4 tickets and parking pass wen the came on sale first time and i have since sold 3 of them for 570!
£20 quid profit and a ticket in hand... woop woop!

The traffic was absolutely chocker last year so id defo find another route if its not too far outta the way!
An open adminsion of being a tout and them some muppet turned around and said it was fine as it wasnt GAA tickets ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

take_yer_points

From what I've read on here from OTB and MacEoghain it seems like there is nothing wrong with someone purchasing a ticket from someone else.

I've also read about people saying we should create fake ebay accounts and bid on these tickets with no intention of buying them.

I agree that these tickets shouldn't be sold for more than face value and this doesn't promote the ethos of the GAA, but sure the illegal bidding isn't something that promotes it either.

Tankie

Quote from: full back on August 03, 2007, 11:13:56 AM

Not at all full back, just look at the oxegen thread. i think Gnevin has posted one of the quotes!
Grand Slam Saturday!

man in black

Whats wrong with flogging tickets on ebay as long as they arent GAA tickets?
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

Tankie

Quote from: man in black on August 03, 2007, 01:08:05 PM
Whats wrong with flogging tickets on ebay as long as they arent GAA tickets?

why allow sell everything else but GAA?

i think how the cycle works is, the lads on this site have concert tickets that they are going to sell for double, the concert goer buys them and has a great time...... a few months later the concert goer has GAA tickets he doesnt want so he goes upto the GAA(who ripped him off) and sells them to the GAA person at double the price. - point of the cycle is that dont rip someone else off and expect them not to do the same back.
Grand Slam Saturday!

full back

Sorry tankie,
MIB is a tout as well >:(

man in black

Quote from: full back on August 03, 2007, 02:56:56 PM
Sorry tankie,
MIB is a tout as well >:(

Yes, want to buy some tickets? GAA face value, anything else its a buyers market.
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black