Gripe with the GAA

Started by JBM on the 21, August 01, 2007, 05:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 01, 2007, 10:35:53 PM
Quote from: blast05 on August 01, 2007, 10:44:48 PM
QuoteHave to agree with original poster, €45 for a replay is rip-off.

Precedent was set last year when Mayo v Laois replay was played as a curtain raiser to Kilkenny versus Clare i think. Not even the same sport so you had a large chunk of the Mayo following leaving cos they had zero interest in the hurling
Precedent was set long before that , your the under card to an all -Ireland semi which was priced at 45 at the start of the year
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: magickingdom on August 01, 2007, 10:58:02 PM
E45 for an ai q-final and semi-final is hardly a rip off. some of the ticket prices for concerts during th summer were twice that price..
I agree  magic , moaning **** the lot of them how much do they expect to pay for it a 5er ?
I mean 45 would  just about get you 2 LOI games and thats shite
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Pangurban

Big Difference, LOI has pro or semi pro players, directors,shareholders who all have to be paid. It is a sad fact that in its pricing structure and fixture placement, the GAA has of late being neglecting the ordinary members and their families who are the backbone of the association. If this problem is not realised and addressed their will beconsequences for the association. Tis far from Corporate Boxes and entertainment we were all reared, and the same is true of the GAA

JBM on the 21

The GAA have figured out that there are a lot of 1st and 2nd generational supporters living and working  (in professional jobs) in the Greater Dublin area who still maintain their ties with their county of birth and the are the ones that the GAA seems to be targeting. To hell with the fans back in the mother county that have to fork out for trains and hotel rooms and matches that don't start till 4pm, meaning that they won't get back home till near midnight.

David McKeown

To get back to the original point about 2000 Kerry fans to 80,000 dubs at the semi final.  Would the dubs still have all of the hill?  This still annoys me, surely its a neutral venue and tickets should be split the same way they would be were Dublin not involved
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Gnevin

Quote from: JBM on the 21 on August 02, 2007, 12:20:40 AM
The GAA have figured out that there are a lot of 1st and 2nd generational supporters living and working  (in professional jobs) in the Greater Dublin area who still maintain their ties with their county of birth and the are the ones that the GAA seems to be targeting. To hell with the fans back in the mother county that have to fork out for trains and hotel rooms and matches that don't start till 4pm, meaning that they won't get back home till near midnight.
Stop moan for the love of god i mean if the game threw in at 2 you'd be home 2 hours earlier at 10 , big f**king deal . And then you no doubt be complaining about having to get up at 6 in the morning instead of 8 . No matter how you look at the GAA represents great value for what you get 45 euro each's you 2 top class games. show me where you can beat that!.

Let the GAA know when you invent your wormhole machine so everyone can get home in 10 minutes no matter where the game is.

Quote from: Pangurban on August 02, 2007, 12:02:34 AM
Big Difference, LOI has pro or semi pro players, directors,shareholders who all have to be paid. It is a sad fact that in its pricing structure and fixture placement, the GAA has of late being neglecting the ordinary members and their families who are the backbone of the association. If this problem is not realised and addressed their will beconsequences for the association. Tis far from Corporate Boxes and entertainment we were all reared, and the same is true of the GAA
No the big difference is your pay 20 ish for pure shite at LOI games your getting top class football and hurling here. Irieland is a dear place to live and the GAA needs to buy things at these inflated price . Sure the GAA could sell tickets for 5 euro and next year we'd have people moaning their funds where cut

Gnevin

Quote from: David McKeown on August 02, 2007, 12:40:22 AM
To get back to the original point about 2000 Kerry fans to 80,000 dubs at the semi final.  Would the dubs still have all of the hill?  This still annoys me, surely its a neutral venue and tickets should be split the same way they would be were Dublin not involved
Surely the last time people outside Dublin where offered tickets for  hill all that turn up was 5 naggin drink Meath fans  maybe we should not use the ticket when you's refuse them , Jesus Christ do you idiots even think about what your saying ?

Dont Matter

Why do other counties return their tickets for the Hill Gnevin?
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Gnevin

Quote from: Dont Matter on August 02, 2007, 12:56:39 AM
Why do other counties return their tickets for the Hill Gnevin?
How should i know ? But the fact they return is alot different to not being offered them

Dont Matter

They return them for health and safety reasons. That's the nicest way I can put it.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Gnevin

Quote from: Dont Matter on August 02, 2007, 01:07:04 AM
They return them for health and safety reasons. That's the nicest way I can put it.
Can you please provide a link to that stinking pile of bullshit ? Or is this "common knowledge" . Armagh and Tyrone fans where both on the hills with the Dubs and their was no problems and i respect them for not buying into this f**king horseshit.

Now show me proof or withdraw your lie!

JBM on the 21

[/quote]
Stop moan for the love of god i mean if the game threw in at 2 you'd be home 2 hours earlier at 10 , big f**king deal . And then you no doubt be complaining about having to get up at 6 in the morning instead of 8 . No matter how you look at the GAA represents great value for what you get 45 euro each's you 2 top class games. show me where you can beat that!.

Right you are mate - 45 Euro for 2 top class matches - instead of forking out your 1.20 for the bus from your pad to Croker, try maybe contemplating the Dubs playing a championship match down in Limerick  and the logistics that go into it.

his holiness nb

Regarding having the hurling in Thurles, what about the Cork fans hoping to attend both hurling and football this weekend?
Surely it would be more economical for them to have both games in Dublin??
Ask me holy bollix

lynchbhoy

I personally think the price of tickets are a bit steep.
One ticket is not too hard to pay off, but if you have a family and attend loads of games (if you are lucky to support a successful side)
then it all adds up.

Yous could all be more like us Derry fans - either too poor to afford the tickets or too mean to spend the money.

DUBSFORSAM1

Its amazing...if they don't get playing in Croke Park they complain...if they do play in Croke Park they complain!!!!

The team/managment want to play in Croke Park...the fans get a weekend in Dublin seeing their football/hurling teams play...

45 Euro for 3 matches is not that much money really....its less than a meal out or a night on teh beer or less than a Nintendo game etc...