Which manager's stock has dropped the most?

Started by blanketattack, August 01, 2007, 11:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blanketattack

I suppose the main contenders are Páide Ó Sé, John Maughan and John O'Mahony.

Onlooker

blanketattack

Personally, I think John O'Mahony, as his reputation was probably the highest to begin with.
Previous to taking over Mayo he always brought on the teams he took over.

Tyrones own

Peter Ford, or Maybe it wasn't that high to begin with.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

From the Bunker

Has to be Forde, really achieved no big scalp in is reign with Galway (who have been over-rated anyway for the last 6 years!).

Rav67

Ciaran McDonald is shite anyway. Have to agree O'Mahony as his record was brilliant before this disastrous season, and taking into account the delight Mayo people took in hounding out Moran and replacing him with the Blueshirt

Bod Mor

Quote from: Rav67 on August 02, 2007, 03:41:00 AM
Ciaran McDonald is shite anyway.
You know alot about football surely!

Quote from: Rav67 on August 02, 2007, 03:41:00 AM
and taking into account the delight Mayo people took in hounding out Moran and replacing him with the Blueshirt

Nobody took delight in hounding out Moran. He will be remembered in Mayo forever for what he did.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

magpie seanie

QuoteCiaran McDonald is shite anyway

Congratulations - fool of the month.

Msgr. Horan

I wouldnt say O'Mahony, not yet anyway, if Mayo have another poor year next year then I'd have to agree. However it was disapointing that there was no benefit from the first year syndrome that has worked for Tyrone, Armagh, Kerry and others in the past.
Generally I would say Peter Ford, when with Sligo you would have had to say that if he had a larger panel of better players he could have a team as serious contenders, however Galway have gone backwards under his reign. mind you it shouldnt be forgotten that he did win an U-21 all ireland and a senior connacht championship in his time.
I wonder how much influence TJ Kilgallon had on things in Sligo and was it a case of them being a really good team together.
I definetly wouldnt agree on Joe Kernan either, his record is excellent and I just think that team is in transition and the boys who have been there a while need a new voice to listen to.

mannix

Ciaran macdonald is shite?
Showing your football smarts here numnuts.I would love to see how great you are if you consider him shite.
JOMs reputation is on the line, he better hope hanley sticks around because talent like that is thin on the ground in ireland today,especially in mayo.Peter forde is a disaster, he reckoned after Galway beat Mayo a few years back that it was easy to win when you were from the right side of the mayo galway border, never had much time or respect for his management skills.
Paidi o se has fallen the furthest because nobody of any credibility would bring him near a team and expect anything other than a loss.He would be tipperarys dream,antrims god and kilkennys saviour and that says all I need to say about him.
Paidi is the biggest faller.

orangeman

Surely the people that are laughing the most are John Morrison and Mickey Moran who guided a very average side to an All Ireland final and then some idiots in Mayo thought that they were better than they were - so in answer to your thread - John Morrison ( whose club side are at the top of their league and who beat one of Tyrone's best sides ) and Mickey Moran ( whose club side are doing really well also ).

magpie seanie

The answer has to be O'Mahoney for most but then I never rated him that highly anyway.

I suppose for me its probably Kernan though that is a bit harsh maybe. Just I rate him so highly and this year Armagh disappointed. Especially in the Donegal game - its unusual to see them lose games they should win.