Computer help

Started by Tyrone lady, August 01, 2007, 10:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone lady

Need a bit of help, have laptop at home and wireless connection, but it has stopped working and sayin there is limited or no connectivity. Anyone know why this would be? Brought it into computer shop they thought it might have needed serviced even though it only 6 months old, this didnt do the job but the wireless connection worked in their office and it works with wireless connection in belfast just not at home. Anyone any ideas

An Fear Rua

restart the wireless hub, try it in a different room.
If the laptop worked elsewhere then the hardware/software on the laptop is ok, must be the hub/telephone socket...
Its Grim up North

Tyrone lady

tried it in another room but no good, the main computer in house is attached unto the same router thing and it works alrite

Orior

Quote from: Tyrone lady on August 01, 2007, 11:00:16 AM
tried it in another room but no good, the main computer in house is attached unto the same router thing and it works alrite

Dear Tyrone Lady,

Please use the correct girlie term when referencing technical equipment. Its a "router thingy".
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Dungiven Sur

Had this problem earlier this week, after many hours spent trying various solutions downloaded and ran winsock fix and the connection was restored, download it from here

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

Tempoman

I had a problem receiving a singal from router when i first got it. The problem was the TV signal sender i had got (for sending the sky signal to another tv) was interferring with the signal. I changed the channel on the tv signal sneder and it worked ok.
So, is there maybe an interferance with some new piece of technology you have bought???

David McKeown

Try clicking start

Then go to run

Then type CMD

In the new black window that has appeared type ipconfig /release

Hit Enter

Then type ipconfig /renew

Hit Enter

If this doesnt work then feel free to PM me, I am a network engineer by trade and i might be able to help
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

heganboy

QuoteI am a network engineer by trade and i might be able to help

Maybe not for much longer- I hear congratulations are in order!
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

David McKeown

Cheers, not likely to forget the networking over night though
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner