Premiership Predictions 2007/08

Started by Dinny Breen, July 31, 2007, 07:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

winners- Chelsea to pip utd by point or 2 liverpool five points behind arsenal to pip spurs for fourth

Relegated-Wigan,struggle big time with jewell leaving,derby to finish bottom not enough experience.One from Birmingham,Sunderland(Everyone on the board is biased because they love keane,did a good job but premiership different than the mickey mouse championship or Fulham,should never have sacked coleman

Surprise Package-West Ham,Portsmouth and Arsenal will be better than expected

Top Goalscorer-Drogba,though i fee than Bellamy,Bertbatov and Van Persie will all have excellent seasons

full back

Winners - Man Utd

Goin down - Wigan, Derby & Birmingham

Surprise package - Newcastle or Everton

Top scorer - Owen

Champions League - Chelsea

F.A Cup - Spurs

Carling Cup - Newcastle

tintin25

Winners - Man Utd

Goin down - Wigan, Birmingham, Derby

Surprise package - West Ham

Top scorer - Drogba

Champions League - Chelsea

F.A Cup - Arsenal

Carling Cup - Man Utd

Hank Everlast

Winners - Chelsea

Goin down - Wigan, Birmingham, Derby

Surprise package - Arsenal

Top scorer - Van Persie

Champions League - Liverpool

F.A Cup - Arsenal

Carling Cup - Man Utd

heganboy

how can Man U be a surprise package?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Norf Tyrone

Winners
Chelsea

Relegation
Derby County,Wigan and Man City (Or Sunderland)

Top Goalscorer
Drogba (Dean Ashton and McCarthy close by)

Surprise Package
Spurs to take a top 4 spot.........

Player Of The Year
Drogba

YPOTY
Obi Mikel
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AZOffaly

Winners

Chelsea

They will play with a more attacking 4-3-3 formation, and United's new signings will take time to bed in. Liverpool will be less than 10 points away in 3rd.

Relegation
Wigan, Bolton and Reading

Top Goal Scorer

Drogba

Surprise Package
West Ham United. They will finish 6th unless they get thrown out altogether....

nifan

Winner:
Liverpool

Relegation:
Wigan, Derby, Sunderland/Brum

Top Scorer:
Van Persie

Surprise package:
Fulham

Rossie11

QuoteWigan, Bolton and Reading
AZ get your money on if you believe that..
approx 880 euro for your tenner with PP..

culchy1

Winner :
Man Utd

Relegation :
Wigan, Derby & Birmingham

Top Scorer :
Darren Bent

Surprise Package :
Newcastle & Everton

and United's new signings will take time to bed in

like hargreaves doesnt already play for england and tevez played for west ham last year,doh!!

AZOffaly

and United's new signings will take time to bed in

like hargreaves doesnt already play for england and tevez played for west ham last year,doh!!

Not sure what you mean here. I meant that they would take time to bed in with United. Neither of them, or Nani, or Anderson played with United before, so have new systems, new teammates and new environments to bed into. So d'oh yourself.

culchy1

tevez & hargreaves will fit straight in.

nani has had a full pre-season behind him.

that leaves only anderson, who is just back in training after copa america, give him a month or so and he will be up to speed.

you say chelsea will play attack-minded this year, yeah rite.
they started with 6 midfielders on sunday and no strikers. terry & drogba are both out for the first month, africian nations in jan!

Rossie11

very few players slots in seamlessly. Did Tevez fit straight in at Upton?? Was nearly 6 months before he was ready.
Pre season means shag all when Nani or indeed any silky foreigner get clattered by the likes of Lucas Neill as a welcome to the premiership

It took Ronaldo a full year to show his best. Expect the same from Nani and Anderson.

Deal_Me_In

I think the premiership will suit Hargreaves and he will settle in quite quickly. It took Tevez 6 months at Wh but i think 3-4 months of that was adjusting to the premiership and when Curbishley took over and played through his strengths he excelled which i think he will do at united after about 6 weeks.

I agree that Nani and Anderson will take a season to blend into the team and get the required experience but this will suit united as they can rest players like Giggs and Scholes for games against bottom half opposition to allow these players to develop. Overall i think that Utd will be extremely hard to stop if their defence is as tight as it was for the first 6 months last year.

For relegation i think Fulham, Wigan and either Birmingham/Derby (probably Derby) Sunderland will struggle but should make the 40 point mark due to the team commitment.

Think Newcastle could be the suprise team for the FA Cup and this would be a great achievement for them.

Spurs will push hard for a CL spot but will fall short due to their inability to get points of the top 4 teams especially in London, Liverpool will close the gap but are still behind Utd and Chelsea who may struggle due to injuries and African nations Cup.

AZOffaly

Now the embarrasment kicks in :D My bedding in comment was fair enough, but United overcame it. As for Liverpool finishing 3rd and within 10 points  ::)

At least I got Reading right, but Wigan and Bolton avoided the drop.