Irish mercenaries bring disgrace upon the Nation again

Started by Donagh, July 30, 2007, 02:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Just like the French and Belgians who fought for Nazis these mercenaries are Irish whether they have the intelligence to realise it out not. As such they bring shame on us all.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: illdecide on July 31, 2007, 01:16:56 PM
You ask these hoors what nationality they are and they'll tell you British not Irish...

That assumes that they actually know something... MASSIVE assumption!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

MW

Quote from: Donagh on July 31, 2007, 01:32:13 PM
Just like the French and Belgians who fought for Nazis these mercenaries are Irish

The Frenchmen and Belgians who fought for the Nazis were Irish? :D

Leaving aside the daft Nazi comparison - do you call Frenchmen serving in the French army, or Americans serving in the American army, 'mercenaries'?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: MW on July 31, 2007, 12:16:52 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 31, 2007, 11:46:57 AM
Quote from: his holiness nb on July 31, 2007, 11:44:48 AM
Quote from: MW on July 31, 2007, 11:40:25 AM
A little wierd to call British citizens, from the UK, serving in the British army "Irish mercenaries" though, hmm?

Not weird at all, they were born in Northern Ireland, which is part of the Island of Ireland.

now how weird is it to call someone born in Ireland Irish?  :-X

IF you called them British you'd have someone else from the unionist community telling you they were Irish  ::)

The next nominee for the "Missing the Point Completely" Award is...pintsofguinness!
No I think you miss the point. 
You object to these thugs being called "Irish mercenaries" saying they are British and can't be mercenaries blah blah blah.
If they were called British one of you (from owc) would be on here telling us they were Irish.  So some of you need to make up your minds as to which nationality you are.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Donagh

Quote from: MW on July 31, 2007, 01:41:21 PM
The Frenchmen and Belgians who fought for the Nazis were Irish?

I'd hadrly have described them as French and Belgian if they were Irish now, so don't be silly.

Leaving aside the daft Nazi comparison - do you call Frenchmen serving in the French army, or Americans serving in the American army, 'mercenaries'?

Irishmen taking money to join the armed forces of any country other than Ireland are mercenaries, plain and simple. Though I my sympathies tend to lie with illdecide on this. There should be some way of stripping these murdering scumbags of their nationality.

MW

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 31, 2007, 01:56:17 PMNo I think you miss the point. 
You object to these thugs being called "Irish mercenaries" saying they are British and can't be mercenaries blah blah blah.

Indeed - mercenaries serve in FOREIGN armies (or private forces). Those who are citizens of the UK are clearly not serving in a foreign army.

If they were called British one of you (from owc) would be on here telling us they were Irish.  So some of you need to make up your minds as to which nationality you are.

I don't think a single person would have said about the ones from NI "No they're not British, they're Irish". Every 'OWC' (as you'd see it) poster on here that I've seen would not claim that British citizens from NI aren't British - that's the preserve of other poster on here. And indeed posters you're referring to have been very clear that you can be both British and Irish, so why they'd say someone from NI in the British army wasn't British but Irish is beyond me.

Speaking for myself, my nationality is British, and within that, I'm Northern Irish. But I recognise (as do all our political parties, and the British and Irish governments) that one can be both British and Irish.

MW

Quote from: Donagh on July 31, 2007, 01:57:54 PM
Quote from: MW on July 31, 2007, 01:41:21 PM
The Frenchmen and Belgians who fought for the Nazis were Irish?

I'd hadrly have described them as French and Belgian if they were Irish now, so don't be silly.

Just rying to inject some humour into proceedings...

Irishmen taking money to join the armed forces of any country other than Ireland are mercenaries, plain and simple. Though I my sympathies tend to lie with illdecide on this. There should be some way of stripping these murdering scumbags of their nationality.

Soldiers from Northern Ireland serving in the United Kingdom army are from the United Kingdom  (and are not the state called Ireland). Mercenaries serve in "foreign" armies - educate yourself on the meaning of words FFS. And the nationality of soldiers from NI serving in the army is British - why on earth would they be "stripped of their nationality" for serving in the British army?? ???

MW

Perhaps this map might clear up some of your confusion?

http://www.sitesatlas.com/Maps/Maps/512.gif

(Oh and even though NI is in the UK and not (the Republic of) Ireland, I'm perfectly relaxed about natvies of NI who hold Irish citizenship serving in the Irish army if they want to...)

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

MW

I object to that map. I mean, look at the spelling of Port Laoise.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Donagh

استمرّ بجندي البيت البريطاني يستمرّ ببيت

MW

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on July 31, 2007, 02:20:48 PM
MW

I trust the map, you're obviously spelling it wrong :P

MW

Quote from: Donagh on July 31, 2007, 02:21:51 PM
استمرّ بجندي البيت البريطاني يستمرّ ببيت

Good point, well made ::)

This'll be the traditional retreat into the old 'Donagh bunker' when you've been shown up then...

Donagh

Quote from: MW on July 31, 2007, 02:17:24 PM
Perhaps this map might clear up some of your confusion?

http://www.sitesatlas.com/Maps/Maps/512.gif

(Oh and even though NI is in the UK and not (the Republic of) Ireland, I'm perfectly relaxed about natvies of NI who hold Irish citizenship serving in the Irish army if they want to...)

They were mercenaries in 1798, 1916, 1921 and 2007 no matter what gloss you attempt to put on it. Traitors, mercenaries, murderers, quislings – all fitting descriptions for these unfortunates.

Hardy

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on July 31, 2007, 02:20:48 PM
MW

Not only that - they spell "Shithole"  as "C-A-S-T-L-E-B-A-R" !

Donagh

Quote from: MW on July 31, 2007, 02:25:50 PM
This'll be the traditional retreat into the old 'Donagh bunker' when you've been shown up then...

I've been shown up nowhere MW. The British army have brought nothing but rape and death to the people Iraq, as they have in many other places throughout the world. Any Irishman that chooses to join with such scum for the sake of the Queen's shilling brings shame on the Irish Nation.