Ger Canning

Started by blast05, July 29, 2007, 10:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blast05

Now first let me say i am not Ger Canning in disguise so take this as a honest opinion ......
Canning has got dogs abuse over the years on this board, along with 1 or 2 other commentators in RTE. A lot of it was well deserved as he seemed to have got lax in his approach and the professionalism was no longer as evident.
However ....... credit where it due, imho i think he has upped his game substantially over the last few months. Not so many little errors with names anymore and significantly, he seems to be commentating with a genuine passion. Am i imagining all this or does anyone else think the same, or different ?
Compared in contrast with Marty Muppet ... the guy is simply getting worse and worse and is completely drained altogether of any level of enthusiasm when commentating.

All in all i think Canning is now back as No. 1 commentator in RTE, even ahead of Darragh Maloney.

didlyi

Agreed. Best of  a bad lot.

Jinxy

Marty is awful lately. Maloney still number 1 by a country mile. Did he even have any games this weekend?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: blast05 on July 29, 2007, 10:07:24 PM
Now first let me say i am not Ger Canning in disguise so take this as a honest opinion ......
Canning has got dogs abuse over the years on this board, along with 1 or 2 other commentators in RTE. A lot of it was well deserved as he seemed to have got lax in his approach and the professionalism was no longer as evident.
However ....... credit where it due, imho i think he has upped his game substantially over the last few months. Not so many little errors with names anymore and significantly, he seems to be commentating with a genuine passion. Am i imagining all this or does anyone else think the same, or different ?
Compared in contrast with Marty Muppet ... the guy is simply getting worse and worse and is completely drained altogether of any level of enthusiasm when commentating.

All in all i think Canning is now back as No. 1 commentator in RTE, even ahead of Darragh Maloney.
i thought he would wet himself yesterday during the Kilkenny Galway game,he was so excited.

LegalEagle

They should get that stunner from TG4 Grainne McElwain :P to do the commentary. She has excellent presenting skills and is easier on the eye than Marty or Ger Canning