Sligeach v Corcaigh - AIQF, 4ú Lunasa 2007

Started by Owenmoresider, July 29, 2007, 06:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcuksake

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

HowdyDoody

2 minutes added ..jaysus will you blow it up

BauldBull

Feel like causing self harm after watchin that. Sligo are brutal and Cork not much better

The Real Laoislad

What a bore :( Worst game of football i have seen all year

Tommy Murphy Cup Final was ten times better in quality and excitement and i lost my accumulater bet as i had Sligo in the Handicapp at +5
You'll Never Walk Alone.

HowdyDoody

HowdyDoody

bad minor game hopefully senior game is better :P

gwan-ye-boy-ya

worst game all year,,,, sligo are shite... cork are shite...

Puckoon

Sligo were very poor. Seemed to be no gameplan, or rather a one man forward line that didnt work. Seemed like with 10 minutes even left, sligo players (big name players) had given up the ghost.

gwan-ye-boy-ya

cork all ireland contenders?????..everybody wake up.. any county left in the championship would and will hammer cork

Puckoon

Cork might actually be hard to beat, but not neccessarily a huge threat on the attacking front. You can really only play what is in front of you, and at times, poor quality games result from the quality of one team. The cork backs today were superb, their constant support runs and tyrone-esque defensive play was impressive enough, regardless of the opposition. The midfield will hold their own against a number of teams left, and I for one wouldnt write them off just yet.

stew

Cork won't give a damn about what is written here, they simply played down to an opponent that was probably the weakest quarter finalist in a decade.

Cork will  give any team trouble, they have had two poor showings in a row yet are in the AISF and they will improve.

As for Sligo, fair play to them as they managed to win Connaught and that was priority number one for them the year, they may be back looking for bigger fish to fry in the years ahead.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mannix

Hard luck Sligo.Just not good enough, kind of, the wides and shots dropped short were junior level type stuff.Class is never replicated by hard work, wides from scoring positions are hard to live with especially if you are a back the busts your ass to defend and set up tap over scores.
Heroes for a worthless connaught title are still heroes and still deserve applause and I hope they find 1 or 2 new lads to drive them over the bar.

stew

Memo to mannix, there is no such thing as a worthless provincial title.  They might have won it in a soft year but they won it none the less and it is by no means devalued in any way. Sligo are Connaught Champions and rightly so. They will be all the better for the experience gained this year and the panel will be hungry to forget today and the best way to do that is to get right back in the saddle next year and improve upon what they have built.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Lecale2

I could only get to see half this game but thank God for that. What an awful match!