Derry v Dublin All Ireland Quarter Final

Started by SuperHans, July 29, 2007, 06:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tayto

Quote from: burn the hurl on August 03, 2007, 03:29:30 PM
Also any question marks on the Dublin team or have they got it in the bag?

Loads of question marks about Dublin, simply loads of them.
Lack of leadership on the field when things go wrong, which gives us the ability to lose any game no matter how far ahead we were when things started to go pear shaped.

Having said all that i do think the Dublin selection is finally getting around to our strongest possible lineup. We still have to see if the mental demons have been cured. I have my doubts, therefore any good team, which no doubt Derry are, are more then capable of beating us.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: tayto on August 03, 2007, 03:35:29 PM
Also any question marks on the Dublin team or have they got it in the bag?

Loads of question marks about Dublin, simply loads of them.
Lack of leadership on the field when things go wrong, which gives us the ability to lose any game no matter how far ahead we were when things started to go pear shaped.

Having said all that i do think the Dublin selection is finally getting around to our strongest possible lineup. We still have to see if the mental demons have been cured. I have my doubts, therefore any good team, which no doubt Derry are, are more then capable of beating us.

feck sake we're all as bad as kerrymen now

Dub -no - your far better than us, we'll be hammered

Oaklafer - no no no, WE are a disaster, sure we dont know how to even find croke park let alone play well in it, we have 23 lads out inj at the moment

:)

the green man

McCloskey (Glenullin who is number 2 to McIvor but has long been considered to be the next Derry goalie)?

Who is this?

Oak Leafer

I have it from good source, that the only change will be McGuckian in for Hinphey. No surprises. At the end of the day neither P Murphy or McCloy will want to pass up this opportunity, because at the end of the day it could be their only chance of ever getting an all-ireland medal.

mannix

Think derry will do the job by a few points.

tayto

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 03, 2007, 03:54:32 PM
feck sake we're all as bad as kerrymen now

Dub -no - your far better than us, we'll be hammered

Oaklafer - no no no, WE are a disaster, sure we dont know how to even find croke park let alone play well in it, we have 23 lads out inj at the moment

:)

;D

Damn right. Honestly think it'll be tight enough, if Dublin can play for the 70 mins then I think we can do it, that's a big IF though!

Loup Bandit

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 03, 2007, 02:53:01 PM
Quote from: Loup Bandit on August 03, 2007, 01:57:04 PM
Not too bad to get tickets here in Derry, if you're attached to a club anyway.
Anyone hear any stories about Dub's paying big money for tickets?

Really looking forward to the game myself.

With dub's habits of rotating the positions of their forwards, i wonder will the derry backs be assigned to track a certain opponent or just play the positions. i think id like to see lockhart on Alan Brogan if he starts in the full forward line, but wouldnt want him to be dragged out to centre-half back. This would also apply to McCloy if he is fit to play IMO.
Would be confident in Kevin McGuckins ability to play anywhere in the back line.

Well there is big money being offered on ebay etc and other websites.....

Forwards aren't being moved that much in last couple of games...sherlock/vaughan have rotated but thats really about it....

So Loup - you got your tickets yet??? Where abouts are you?

yes Dubs, have tickets but aint got them in hand yet, probably tonight though. lower cusack i think. You sorted yourself? Dont mean to rub it in or anything but its not too bad gettin tickets at present up here.

On the rotation thing, suppose thats true that Dublin have stopped it a bit. Do you think it helps them i.e confuses the oppositions defence? Or hinders Dublin in that your forwards dont know what they are at half the time with all the chopping and changing which previously went on?

Dunno what that craic about the goalies is. Glenulin's current no. 1 is Shane O'Kane (derry sub keeper) and their no. 2 is eoin mc nicholl (former minor keeper and u21) but he is currently in the states.

clarshack

the dubs have nobody to mark paddy bradley while derry have the defenders to take care of brogan, vaughan etc. derry by 3 or 4.

DUBSFORSAM1

Loup

Got my tickets through Derry...no problem at all thankfully!!!! Lower Cusack 303

I think it both hinders and helps...depends on the opposition...if they go man to man it can be useful brogan for example dragging a slow full back out to the wing back and ending up with a small wingback in full back etc....it can also isolate quick players on slow players if they don't move....but far rather Keaney in full forward and Brogan in corner forward...

Clarshack...

Dublin can put Griffen on Bradley who will keep him fairly quiet but they have the defenders to stop all the other forwards...Bradley a better scorer than teh Dublin forwards...More Dublni forwards able to score than Derry...

fer fox ache

Any of you Dubs lookin for tickets hould contact anyone you know in Derry, last night at Owenbeg I was able to get 10 for friends and family who are currently on holiday. I remember getting a couple for some lads I knew ahead of the 2002 semi-final as our minors were playing Longford that day

Real Talk

Quote from: Bogball XV on August 03, 2007, 02:08:35 PM
No, why do you think short accurate kickouts are so important in the modern game?

Because the mid-field area is generally packed and it is vital that kick-out are varied so that attackes can be set up using alert quick HB's such as O'Kane and McEldowney.  This requires a keeper who can deliver these when appropriate.  Whelan and Ryan are very strong and other options will be required to get the ball to our scoring forwards.  It's common sense really!!!!

heurebag

derry to win by 4 points, whelan to get sent off because derry midfeild will clear him out

The Real Laoislad

I see the match is on at 3pm on saturday,Will this affect the Dublin support seeing as the Premiership starts at this time next saturday ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Real Talk on August 03, 2007, 11:41:22 PMBecause the mid-field area is generally packed and it is vital that kick-out are varied so that attackes can be set up using alert quick HB's such as O'Kane and McEldowney. 
Quick kickouts can often put the defence under pressure as there is very little margin for error, they can only be used a few times a game, for that reason I'd rather have someone with physical presence (and a proven goalkeeper) such as Gillis rather than Deets in there. 

QuoteWhelan and Ryan are very strong and other options will be required to get the ball to our scoring forwards.  It's common sense really!!!!
Is there any point in us turning up??  I might just put that ticket up on ebay at this rate.

mannix

Hope dublin meet kerry in the semi,would love to see whelans face at the final whistle.