McIver steps down as Donegal boss

Started by Datsun Donaghy, July 28, 2007, 10:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoYerJob Linesman

Shamrocks by 2-3, 5-6 if we give them big James.  Only joking!
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

Hungry Exile

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on July 30, 2007, 11:34:28 PM
Shamrocks by 2-3, 5-6 if we give them big James.  Only joking!

DYJL - Big Jean will come down & slap the head of ye!! 8) 8)
It took the Screen woman to provide you boys with a replacement to Big Gerry!!

marty88

Quote from: jodyb on July 30, 2007, 11:04:39 PM
An didn they all do well!!! :D

no, that Raymond Wilkinson's f**king awful, worse intercounty player ever. How does he get on at club level? I dont see him play much, whats he supposed to be good at.

Also Devlin had a poor game at the weekend
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

DoYerJob Linesman

What club are you from Marty? 

We're quite happy with "Crook and Dook".

Two natural forwards, a rare breed!
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

orangeman

I;m not saying anything about the Ballinderry men - I think they're all class footballers and definitely worth their places on the team and panel - it's just that Mc Ivoer could have been accused of being biased towards the B'DERRY men - but since he says that he won't manage a county team again, then it won't be a problem.

Will he go back to B'derry again ?
I'll tell you something - we'd love to have him ( and that would go for a lot of other clubs INCLUDING Martin O'Rourkes team ) !!!

marty88

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on July 30, 2007, 11:55:52 PM
What club are you from Marty? 

We're quite happy with "Crook and Dook".

Two natural forwards, a rare breed!

Doesnt matter were im from, that muppet Wilkinson's only good game for derry was against a very poor antrim team and even then he was nothing special.

Devlin was quite poor at the weekend, I'd of likes to of seen him taken of for E bradley or something like that.
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

jodyb

Quote from: marty88 on July 30, 2007, 11:43:14 PM

no, that Raymond Wilkinson's f**king awful, worse intercounty player ever. How does he get on at club level? I dont see him play much, whats he supposed to be good at.

Ballsy wee b#st#rd! had a terrific league campaign(in as much as Derry's campaign was). Definitely deserves his 15 - 20 mins.

loughshore lad

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 30, 2007, 04:52:50 PM
mickey harte took over more or less the same bunch of perennial underachievers
wonder how he got on afterwards...  ;)

Dont agree here, Harte took over at an optimal time with a new batch of hungry, successful and extremely talented young players just breaking on to the scene. Yes Canavan, Dooher, Lawn and Cavlin had been around the block but it was the maturation of McGuigan, O'Neill, Mugsy, Cavanagh, Gormley et al that was vital to Tyrones breakthrough. That crop of players could hardly be termed perennial underachievers - they had won every underage honour in the game and were just starting out on their senior careers.

By the way Brian McIver already has a job he is (and has been for a few months now) coaching the kids in Ardboe primary school  ;D ;D

fer fox ache

As regards the two Ballinderry lads Collie Dook's definitely worth his place but I still for the life of me can't see what Wilkinson brings to the party. Alright he runs his nuts off but he doesn't score and he gets horsed out of the breaking ball too easily.
Devlin might have kicked a couple of poor wides on Saturday but he feckin tortured his man sure he only last about 20 minutes before Laois took him off

lynchbhoy

are you joking?
:o

thought Devlin gets better all the time - now delivering on the promise he once showed (but got no ball to prove himself with)

Maximus Marillius

Agrred on this one Lynchboy...Devlin showed for th ball all evening and he would have been more effective had we released the ball quicker...but one of the problems that the modern game has it that more and more players kicking ability and vision are limited.

Drumanee 1

[/quote

jesus man were you at the match?devlin gave his marker some headache,scored and also won 80% of our frees in front of goal,ok he missed a chance or 2 but pb kicked more wides and dropped the ball into the keepers hands 3 times

orangeman

By the sounds of things Brian Mc Ivor had his mind made up that he was leaving his post - I thought he had another year to run - but he must have had a bad experience or two - he said that whoever took the job would need a lot of energy - Donegal management can't be simple - but then again no managment is simple - Depending on who you speak to Mickey Harte might even be under pressure -

lynchbhoy

Hear that McIvor says he will NEVER manage an intercounty team again.

I hope a few months inactivity will help change his mind. Plus with his lad on the Ballinderry side (?) he might be persueded to come on board and lead Derry to what will hopefully be next years All Ireland triumph and the second in a two-in-a-row  :)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on July 31, 2007, 10:21:02 AM
Agrred on this one Lynchboy...Devlin showed for th ball all evening and he would have been more effective had we released the ball quicker...but one of the problems that the modern game has it that more and more players kicking ability and vision are limited.
rem I mentioned that a year maybe two years ago that I liked what I saw of Devlin WITHOUT the ball...

our problem still is with distribution. We can defend, we can win ball, we can even score, but its getting the ball up there that causes us the problems.
Muldoon and murphy were magnificent in their distribution on Sat.