PC question

Started by Elias, July 27, 2007, 08:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elias

I've recently changed my broadband provider after moving house as my new address wasn't in a cable area. So after giving Virgin the boot I've switched to Sky as it's very cheap if you already subscribe to the tv channels.

Anyway since the switch I've been unable to watch any of the live feeds/repeats on the RTE site, as it thinks I'm outside of Ireland. (I'm in the 6 counties), whereas before I had no problem.

Called Sky but the very friendly Pakistani gentleman hadn't the foggiest what I was on about and suggested I contact RTE, but on thier site it clearly says not to.

Ant ideas to rectify would be welcomed.

inisceithleann

i think the problem lies with RTÉ. i too am in the 6 counties and i am struggling to watch the live feeds and repeats. One day it works and the next it doesn't. I haven't a notion what the problem is but it'd be great if someone out there knew.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

Elias

Could well be, it's a pain in the ass not having access  >:(

ziggysego

You need to contact RTÉ and let them know that your provider thinks you are in the 6 counties.

RTÉ
Donnybrook
Dublin 4

Main switchboard
Tel: 01 208 3111
Fax: 01 208 3080
Testing Accessibility

Gnevin

The problem lies with RTE in that they need to update their server/script too show your IP range is with the Island of Irelandbut only your ISP can prove that. Ring Sky again and say you will only speak to their on shore unit.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Elias

Cheers for that lads, I'll give that a go tomorrow.

Donagh

Quote from: Elias on July 27, 2007, 11:55:33 PM
Cheers for that lads, I'll give that a go tomorrow.

Elias, I had the same problem. Get your provider to email RTE and they'll exclude it from their restrictions.