Ban Irish players for life from the GAA that play Australian Rules

Started by Stay goalside of your man, July 27, 2007, 12:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stay goalside of your man

Although I am very proud that many Irish players are able to take to Australian game I think it is to the detriment of the GAA that these players are gone from our games.
Would it work to ban players for life from the GAA for taking part in any trial games etc for the Australian game?
This problem is going to get worse as and more players will be poached.
The GAA is never going to get anything back in return for these players so why not try and make it hard for them to go in the first place.
I know this is extreme and would never work in practice, but I still feel something has to be done to stop it.

Dutch

cavan4ever

yeah good idea and ban anyone that has rugby or soccer trials aswell.  Sure why not revert back to the way it was years ago and ban people that go to watch soccer or rugby being played.

Bogball XV

or maybe we could start rewarding the players monetarily!!

magpie seanie

Quoteban anyone that has rugby or soccer trials aswell

No - its only rugby and soccer that are allowed ban lads from playing other sports nowadays.

Stay goalside of your man

In the old days when people played soccer and rugby they where not lost to the game.
It kept them fit during the winter, I never had a problem with that.
Fair play to lads for having a go at the Austrialion game but do you think we should just let them go without a fight as is happening now

the Deel Rover

i'd take their passports off them and never let them in to the country again ,the cheek of them trying to make a living playing professional sport  :P :P :P
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

full back

SGOYM - did you think logically before you started this thread?
It's the 21st century & you want to ban someone who TRIES to get a career in a professional sport.
What sort of f**king nitwit are you?

You say the GAA are never going to get anything back in return - what are the players getting in return?

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Drumanee 1

if you had such a stupid rule that would have ruled out dermot mcnicholl,niall buckley,antony tohill,colin corkery to name a few,who would have suffered most?the gaa

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Think this fella is on the wind up.
Regarding the suggestion, IMO its a tad harsh.  ;)
In reality how many players have we lost to Aussie rules recently - 6 possibly 7?
Tbc....

Tankie

Grand Slam Saturday!

his holiness nb

Quote from: Tankie on July 27, 2007, 12:49:12 PM
Stay goalside of your man = Dublinfella????????????

Nah he hates people from Dublin with almost the same hatred the arabs hate the jews.
Apparantly  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

heineken_on_tap

Fantastic weather, good money, hot chicks, can visit the set of Home and away to see Sally at any time;) - I cant understand them lads at all ;D

neutral

I would ban the hot chicks and see how many we get to play the GAA then.