The Discussion Board Hits The Big Time

Started by Norf Tyrone, July 27, 2007, 08:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ball Hopper

Ahem...I suppose you think it is "Tadhg"...well it can be either.

Certainly is not "Tagh" anyway.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: mc_grens on July 27, 2007, 06:02:30 PM
Ah leave us be, I've seen worse than what's on here.

You're a while man Hardy

Tut, tut, it's "you're a wild man Hardy"!  ;)

Quote from: Ball Hopper on July 27, 2007, 06:25:48 PM
Comment:  Of all the names ever created, I would expect our Northern friends to get the spelling of "Tadgh" correct.

I believe the typesetter was from 'down south' , and whoever he/she was turned the young Clarke protégé into a female (protégée [sic])! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Donagh

Sure didn't Jerome put us in his book of 2002 with a number of verbatim quotes. BTW, am I due any royalties of that Big J?

Donagh

Quote from: Hardy on July 27, 2007, 05:36:35 PM
Silke (if what's been said here is true) is not the only journalist to have stolen material from here and presented it as his own.

I agree with those who are driven mad by misplaced apostrophes, etc. And I have to live with "leave" for "let" all the time down here and it'd give you a toothache. Especially when they get it wrong the other way around as well - "let me alone"! Can I also protest at Northerners here saying "I seen that". It's "I saw", OK? And "I have seen". It's not hard. And what does the adverb "while" mean? "It was while long" ? ? ? ?

(I'm pissed off that I didn't get a grumpy nomination).

Another language Fascist.  ;)

Chill out Hardy the Queen's English sounds much better the way be have managed to bastardise it.

Hardy

You never know - language fascism might become respectable some day too.  ;)
I was thinking of introducing punishments - beat lads on the kneecaps with a big dictionary till they get it right.

ziggysego

Can I just add, from the very start I said the Gaelic Life was a good paper ;)
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Donagh on July 27, 2007, 11:50:33 PM
Chill out Hardy the Queen's English sounds much better the way be have managed to bastardise it.

Aka the 'Fat German'  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Donagh

Quote from: Hardy on July 28, 2007, 10:29:21 AM
You never know - language fascism might become respectable some day too.  ;)
I was thinking of introducing punishments - beat lads on the kneecaps with a big dictionary till they get it right.

:D :D

I'm going to vote for you on the funny thread Hardy.

Orior

Bitter sweet getting such recognition yet you're all still anonymous?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

Apparently everyone knows who I am anyway. I can't go to a game now, without hearing "Hey Ziggy!"

It's annoying, as they never tell me who they are!
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

When are we getting our own board ? Free weekly paper and free tickets to this years All Ireland ? LOL

ziggysego

Quote from: orangeman on July 28, 2007, 08:45:39 PM
When are we getting our own board ? Free weekly paper and free tickets to this years All Ireland ? LOL

Did your tickets not arrive yet?  :D
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Jesus ! I didn't get mine yet ! I'll have to go and collect them ! Where are they for ? Premier level ?