Are RTE hurling snobs ignoring football yet again, please say no

Started by fer fox ache, July 25, 2007, 02:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fer fox ache

Please somebody tell me that RTE are going to show one of the football games on Saturday on their website it's only stating that the hurling will be on.
If it's only the hurling again then I will be completely pissed off. Take a look at the facts, half the country don't even play hurling yet every time there's football or hurling call to be made it's the small ball game that gets the coverage. Truth is I've never played hurling, don't have hurling club within 10 miles of me and while I'd like to see waterford win it couldn't really give a toss who lifts the Liam McCarthy Cup.
On the other hand I love football yet coverage of the qualifiers has been scant even though the games are do or die unlike some of the hurling non-events we've been shown.
I'm totally fed up with the hurling snobbery that prevails. I reckon that the most exciting game in either code on Saturday will be Donegal v Monagha but we'll probably have to make do with 10 minutes of highlights on the Sunday Game. The sooner Setanta secure more of the rights to the football the better as far as I'm concerned

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Colonel Cool

I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

Lone Shark

They probably are showing it. I wouldn't like to depend on RTE's website - they certainly fecked me over last week.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Colonel Cool on July 25, 2007, 02:35:36 PM
What a stupid post.
Why?  It's the truth - we've been seeing totally shite hurling qualifiers since they started, yet, thusfar we've only had two football qualifiers shown.
Worst case was the showing of Tipp v Cork two weeks ago - THE most ridiculous decision made by RTE in a long time.
This saturday, both quarter-finals - or, if you want, 1st round hurling championship matches (as that's really what they are) are highly likely to be very one-sided affairs, if you don't believe me, look at the betting odds.  Both football qualifiers are likely to be tight clashes that could go either way.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Lone Shark on July 25, 2007, 02:44:22 PM
They probably are showing it. I wouldn't like to depend on RTE's website - they certainly fecked me over last week.
It's not on afaik - how did rte's website feck you?  Early kickoff?

Romeo

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 25, 2007, 02:47:16 PM
Quote from: Colonel Cool on July 25, 2007, 02:35:36 PM
What a stupid post.
Why?  It's the truth - we've been seeing totally shite hurling qualifiers since they started, yet, thusfar we've only had two football qualifiers shown.
Worst case was the showing of Tipp v Cork two weeks ago - THE most ridiculous decision made by RTE in a long time.
This saturday, both quarter-finals - or, if you want, 1st round hurling championship matches (as that's really what they are) are highly likely to be very one-sided affairs, if you don't believe me, look at the betting odds.  Both football qualifiers are likely to be tight clashes that could go either way.

Think that turned out to be one of their better decisions, cracking game! Football qualifiers were crap on the same day!

fer fox ache

Balls sure aren't both teams still in the competition, there certainly wasn't much of crowd at it. As for the burning of the hurls, I'd let the Derry camogs keep their's

The Real Laoislad

I bet you if Dublin were playing they would be showing it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Romeo

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 25, 2007, 02:58:13 PM

Why wouldn't they, the whole country is obsessed with every movement the Dubs make, so it would be in the 'national interest!'

DUBSFORSAM1

All-Ireland Qtr-finals or a qualifiers game in ..........well its obvious which game is going to be shown!!!!!

Tipperary v's Cork was a far better game than any of the qualifiers on that weekend!!!!

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 25, 2007, 02:58:13 PM
WUM alert and you where doing so well ll
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Bacon

Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009