Clare v Limerick Quater Final

Started by Silky, July 25, 2007, 12:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silky

I think this will be a cracking contest and it's a pity that it is getting very little coverage. The win over Galway was a pleasant surprise but I'd be surprised if we can raise the game again and beat a strong Limerick side. Any way, we'll go along for the craic and the train run to Dublin. Anyone else heading up? I hope the Limerick lads don't wreck all the trains so we can get home.  ???

Limerick : B Murray; D Reale, S Lucey, S Hickey; P Lawlor, B Geary, M Foley; D O'Grady, M O'Brien; M Fitzgerald, O Moran, N Moran; A O'Shaughnessy, B Begley, K Tobin

Reale back but will be last 35 minutes?

Clare team to be named tonight.

AZOffaly

Will Tony Griffin get a start for Clare? He would be a big boost to the forwards assuming he hasn't saddle sores or something :D

Silky

He'll hardy get a start but I'd say he'll make an appearance at some stage.

Colonel Cool

This will be a good hard match with both team confident about making the semi final. It could be the closest game of the weekend. My money is on Clare to get through by a point in an exciting game.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

slow corner back

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 25, 2007, 01:05:41 PM
Will Tony Griffin get a start for Clare? He would be a big boost to the forwards assuming he hasn't saddle sores or something :D

I read that he fell off and broke his collar bone at one point on the trip so it may or may not be up to championship hurling?

ciaran careys hurling arm

We will win it, I have a promise of 2 final tickets from earlier today and I really want to use them wearing the the green of Limerick.

;)

youbetterbelieveit

I hope Limerick can keep their form going, as they have been playing some very good hurling. I think this game could be the pick of the weekend, with Limerick just shading it.

Gnevin

Limerick look very impressive , 3 minutes to go  Limerick 1-21 to 1 -15
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Well done Limerick, some very tasty hurlers on that team.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

youbetterbelieveit

A good performance from Limerick today, were the superior team on the day, and probably should have won the game even more convincingly, but we will take it and roll on waterford or Cork.

The Most impressive aspect for limerick this year has been the use of the bench, they are playing players or bringing players on at the right times and players who are obviously playing well in training and can making the necessary impact. and today it was donie ryan (1-2) and james o' brien (0-1).

whoever comes through Limerick will not rollover and die and i will fancy our chances of making a first final appearance since 96'

ciaran careys hurling arm

a wise man said elsewhere this morning that we could have a rematch of the 96 final. Why would I doubt him? ;D

youbetterbelieveit

Limerick v Wexford, and Limerick gaining sweet revenge for 96'  sure we can dream!!!